Over the door shoe thingies

TidePrideGA

I've read a few different thread that recommended these. One of the threads I read said to get long sports shoe laces that can be laced into the holes at the top and tied to a doorknob and at the hinge on the opposite side of the door from the OTD shoe holders. Most of the hooks that come with them won't fit the doors in some way or another. I've never tried this myself but I have something similar that I carry with me for toiletries. It has a hanger hook on it and I usually hang it on a towel rod. I bought a shoe holder to try this time for other items such as sunscreen and other sundries.

We have cruised many times and used this for the first time on our last cruise as we were on 45 days and needed something for all that stuff. It worked wonderfully well. I picked one up at Walmart and used it as is, however I did have to trim two rows off the bottom, the bathroom doors are shorter than one in your home. The hooks fit just fine, there are three of them and I packed it unopened and put the hooks in in the room. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

Trisha

I got the clear one from Wal-Mart for $4.99. It has two over the door type hangers that fit into the 2 holes across the top of the bag. I hung it inside the closet door. The closet door did not shut all the way because the "hanger" things were too thick, but it really worked out well. I plan to take it on my next voyage. I may try to put it on the bathroom towel bar next time, if I can bring myself to cut the bottom rows off. :)

The other thing I found extremely helpful was those white suction hook things. The ones you apply then "pull" the hook down to make it really stick. You have seen them on Infomercials. They can be bought at Walgreen's or any discount store. I brought 2 medium size ones that I put in the shower. Each of us had a place to put our body puffs and/or cloth on.

• 1 month later...

Archived