Inspiration - Empress deck - outside room - help please

T C 2

we are sailing on 12/24/05 on Inspiration, booked 2 outside cabins next to each other on the Empress deck. The rooms are at the very back of the ship (facing the rear not the side). At first I thought this would be great - have a good view of where we've been, now I'm second guessing thinking it might not be be such a desirable location after all or why would it have been available when we booked at the last minute just 2 weeks ago.

Opinions please? I guess we'll have to love it because that is what we've got, but for future reference ???r

It's usually because most passengers prefer mid-ship cabins, rather than far -forward or far-aft (where yours are). This is because of the potential "rocking" of the ship (forward and aft cabins tend to feel it more), and the walking/elevator distances to the ship's venues. However, if you're on the Empress Deck (4th up...Riviera, Main, Upper, Empress) you should be just fine. There's always a chance of some slight "rocking" because of the time of year you're going, but you should be high enough up not to feel much. I did a 7-night cruise on the Inspiration in mid-December of 2001, and we were on the Main Deck inside cabin. We didn't experience any kind of rocking, but we also had a mid-ship cabin. You should be just fine, and you'll like the Inspiration!

While we were not in the aft cabins we were at the back of the ship on the port side on the empress deck. it was very quiet back there and the stairs to the lido deck were right there (it was like your own private entrance). we were worried that the camp carnival, the stairs are right around the corner from here, would be noisy but it wasn't at all. we loved this cruise and would cruise it again if it was still a 7 night. have fun and enjoy:)

Archived