San Pedro Pier to LAX with a group of 9?

ams cruiser

I am traveling on a Princess Mexican Riviera Cruise with a family group of 9 and called Super Shuttle who advised me to reserve an exclusive van for our group. This will work going to the ship as we know our flight arrival time, but how do I schedule a pickup time back to LAX? The Super Shuttle agent recommended an 11:30 a.m. time (our plane leaves at 1:30), but what if we get off the ship much earlier? The agent said we could call if that happens, but there was no guarantee they could send a van out sooner. Because we are traveling with a couple of 87-yr. olds, I hate to have them waiting long. I asked the agent if there are shuttles waiting at the docks like taxis, and she said she didn't know. We will be coming back on New Year's Eve, so I don't know what traffic at LAX will be like.

We are new cruisers, so I would appreciate any advice!

:)

There are normally plenty of shuttles waiting, so it's no problem if you get in early. They normally have someone at the dock, and you just tell them your reservation and off you go. I'd have to say if I had my choice of sitting on the ship or at LAX I'd take the ship. I have used super shuttle in the past and had good luck, but now prefer www.karmel.com. I got out of Houston 4 hour late due to weather problems on my trip in July. They still were there within 5 minutes when I called them to pick me up at LAX.

I am a truck driver and there could always be a accident and bottle things up. But i have drove from LA harbor many,many times and he can go a couple of differant ways and get you to LAX. I wouldnt let that be a problem to worry about. I would have no problem getting a 18 wheeler to LAx on time and i am sure he will have no problem getting that van there in 40 min tops. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know they offer good prices, but Prime Time has had a lot of problems, from vans impounded by the California Highway patrol for safety violations to being kicked out of all the local airports for lack of insurance. They are not recommended.

Have a good trip

Ron

Archived