Celebrity, what's with the shortages?

C 2 C

I was on a Princess Cruise Ship where they didn't have any potable water for two days- but the Vodka was plentiful!:D Most dehydrated I've ever been.:rolleyes:

Sorry to say that I believe running out of things is GOOD! It means less waste! As someone who sailed small boasts off the coast of New England, the whole idea in provisioning the ship was to run out of things by the end! May not seem like 'luxury' to you, but it's better 'stewardship' of this planet's resources. And, had I brought my 'prizes' of plastic waterbottles home, I'd happily ship them to someone who would value them.:) Sadly, after I left them in the cabin on the last day, the cabin steward probably returned them to the entertainment staff. Maybe on your cruise, what you didn't get for a prize was my used waterbottle!:p

I mean this in a nice way, but if not having an item is going to impact your experience greatly, cruising might not be for you.

And, as far as prunes, I bring my own in the resealable Sunsweet pack!;)

Andrew

Why is it they never run out of the canapes that they serve to Concierge class passengers? :(

I would be HAPPY just knowing that I was the winner of something. The prize is just icing on the cake. ;)

As long as RCCL does not take over the food preparation completely I will be content with Celebrity. On my November last minute Voyager trip there was a simple answer anytime you asked for something not on the menu for that night. NO. Unlike Celebrity there is NO asking for a shrimp cocktail except on the evening that it is offered. There would be NO way to get a daily spinach salad. Perish the thought. Damp trays in the buffet? Try NO trays. You have to fit it all on a melmac oval platter. :eek:

It is unfortunate that you had alot of problems with food on your Voyager cruise. We did a B to B on Navigator at the end of August and had delicious food in the main dining room for dinner. Anything and everything we asked for was provided, if not by our waiter, then the head waiter made sure we received it. For example, my husband likes caviar, so every night when we arrived at the table there was a plate with caviar, chopped onion, chopped eggs, and miniature slices of bread. We wanted escargots as an appetizer, we got it. There was nothing that we requested that we didn't receive. I will say that I agree that I'm disappointed that at the buffet they don't have trays anymore, and I don't think the breakfast buffet is as good as it used to be. We are diamond + members in C & A on RCCL and elite members on Celebrity, but I don't think that was the reason that we received whatever we requested at dinner on our RCCL cruise. We like both lines equally, however I do think that the breakfast buffet is better on Celebrity. Our next cruise is on Celebrity Summit to Hawaii in March.

We'll be back on Celebrity after a few years on several other Royal ships where we got anything we asked for. After reading this, and getting a call from my TA this week that the pricing dropped...do we pack up some extra rolls of Scott Tissue for this one in March just in case. ;)

Hooked into free internet at FLL waiting for our flight to Detroit....

Right after I started this thread lemonade also was "delisted" from my favorite spigot...

I received a reply from guest relations that my concerns were being discussed... On the last night mixed nuts appeared for our final drinks in the Rendezvous. Lemonade and prunes were reintroduced to the relief of many.

Since this was a B2B trip we have concluded that beef leaving Ft Lauderdale is superior to California beef picked up in LA. Drink prices also increased by 15% on the turnover. California stock must be more pricey..:rolleyes:

We were told that many of the shortages we noted were the result of staff changeover...

I thought that all cruiselines just fine tune their supply requirements from trip to trip. By now they know if 2,000 "average" passengers cruise, the amount of food consumed and wasted is pretty standard.

This was the first cruise we have experienced with Americans making up less than 50% of pax. Announcements were made in English, German and French. Both groups numbered in the 100's as well as a large Japanese contingent.

Archived