Emerald Waterways

Cruiz'nBaers

We sailed with Emerald couple of years ago,along The Danube.We had a pre cruise stay in Prague and a post cruise stay in Budapest.The company were amazing from start to finish.Very good hotel stays with lots of help from the reps,great cruise,very well organised and nothing too much trouble for the staff.Food excellent and wines too.Tours were very well thought out and fun.We had the cheapest cabin,chosen because we thought the verandas were a waste of money,and they were,Often we would be up against another boat,balconies touching or a wall.We never spent much time in the cabin anyway.

But......sadly the dining room got us down.We all had to be there dead on 7 or sit in the naughty corner with no aircon( It was hot July).And because it's very modern,there were no soft furnishings in the room.Hence a battle ground of shouting to talk to other diners on the table,It was not a peaceful or happy experience.I loved the ship, the company and the cruise but would not cruise with them again.

We thoroughly enjoyed our Emerald cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest - lovely ship, friendly and helpful crew, a great mix of guests. It may not be as swishy as some lines, but we found it to be excellent value for money. We will definitely travel with this company again (soon I hope!).

Sent from my iPad using Forums