Summit Tuscan Grill windows.

Toronto Guy

Returned from Summit yesterday and thought I'd share a bizarre choice by Celebrity. The former Normandie restaurant has recently been turned into Tuscan Grille as many on this board are aware. The windows in the entire restaurant have been covered with fixed wooden slat blinds that allow some light through towards the ceiling but entirely block the view out the windows even when seated at a window table. Most annoying to have CAptains club breakfast in there in the morning and not be able to see outside. I asked a waiter why any designer would do that and the response was that people want window seats all the time, so to level the playing field they decided to block the view! Stupidest explanation I've ever heard but I guess it's possible. What a shame to do that to this formerly beautiful restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DW and I actually enjoy the Tuscan Grill, not as much as the former restaurant, but we like it (the flaming of me will now commence). We could never figure out the window thing. Every waiter we talk to about it just shrugs his or her head and says something along the lines of they didn't ask me and the didn't ask the guests. They intentionally blocked a great view. WHY???

Sometimes I think designs are fashioned by people who have never cruised....

We have recently had to cancel a Millie 14 night cruise. Much as we are upset by missing the itinerary the thought of 14 nights with only Tuscan and Q'sine as alternative dining options does make the M class ships less attractive. We enjoy Q'sine as a fun option one night but it is not fine dining....The best dining option with a view would seem to be the Oceanview cafe......Sushi doesn't seem to be doing that well, why don't they at least look at giving it a wider menu....

Sometimes I think designs are fashioned by people who have never cruised....

We have recently had to cancel a Millie 14 night cruise. Much as we are upset by missing the itinerary the thought of 14 nights with only Tuscan and Q'sine as alternative dining options does make the M class ships less attractive. We enjoy Q'sine as a fun option one night but it is not fine dining....The best dining option with a view would seem to be the Oceanview cafe......Sushi doesn't seem to be doing that well, why don't they at least look at giving it a wider menu....

We liked the bistro on 5 much better as we could go there to avoid the buffet madness. On Princess we really enjoyed the pizza place in the atrium as the service was great and the food was fantastic. Nice way to have a relaxing lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk