Just Off the Pearl

Dcoy

We did the Jewel to Alaska this past May; on the Pearl next September in 10666 (our best friends will be next door in 10166, I believe). We did not have lobster on our cruise.....in fact, it has been bemoaned on CC regarding the ability to find it at all on NCL. Happy to hear that maybe it has returned (maybe someone is reading CC that can influence changes!) I will certainly be looking forward to it next year---or even later this year if it is offered on the SKY!

We did use the Airport transfer when departing the ship. It was great! No problems with luggage arriving at our home airport when we did. And, it allowed us to check our carry on's in the port's lockers ($3/ea.) and see sights around the area before our scheduled transportation pickup (which is the point as I understand it). I would certainly do this again!

Gingersvp, I am very interested in using the port luggage service. I have called Norwegian several times with various questions and to pre-book some items. I asked each time if NCL participates in this option to send luggage straight to the airport. Every time I have asked, I was told they do not use the port luggage option. It would be wonderful to be able to use this option. Do you know if they have just started doing this, or perhaps it may be a case of NCL representatives not knowing?

The NCL rep probably wasn't super aware because it's a program run by the port of Seattle. It's the port that delivers the luggage to the airline and it was soooooooo simple and easy. The program itself was new in Seattle for 2017.

What's great is you don't pre-book this. The ship will provide the forms in your cabin towards the end of the cruise and you can decide if you want to opt in. There are restrictions with airlines and flight times, so not everyone can do it but if you can, it's very worthwhile.

Thanks for the info! Pearl is one of the lesser reviewed ships.

This is true. The Pearl is our favorite of the NCL ships. We are headed out on the Pearl to Alaska this Sunday. Our third time to Alaska, same itinerary and always on the Pearl. You will like it.