Mendenhall Glacier Float Trip - what to expect

Mrkmbb

We have booked an excursion in Juneau for a Mendenhall Glacier Float Trip". Has anyone done that excursion recently? I'm just slightly nervous about what to expect...

How rough is the water? Are we likely to go in? (I assume not)

How wet will we get? Trying to figure out clothes...

I'm sure this will be fun, I'm just one of those people who wants to know what I'm getting into.

;p

We have booked an excursion in Juneau for a Mendenhall Glacier Float Trip". Has anyone done that excursion recently? I'm just slightly nervous about what to expect...

How rough is the water? Are we likely to go in? (I assume not)

How wet will we get? Trying to figure out clothes...

I'm sure this will be fun, I'm just one of those people who wants to know what I'm getting into.

;p

My DD and I did this a few years back and really enjoyed. Biggest thing you'll want to do is protect (or just leave behind) any cameras, smartphones, etc. from getting wet. We were provided with full body rain suits to go over our clothes, and rubber boots. They will store your shoes and a few items (one reason not to bring lots of stuff). It was not very rough for us but I'm sure that changes based on recent weather. We didn't get very wet but the closer one was to the front the more water one did experience. The raft was large and accommodated probably 12 to 15 passengers plus a guide.