Carryon Soda, Carnival

MirandaRN

Hi all! My husband and I will be boarding our FIRST ever cruise on the Carnival Sensation next week. I have a question regarding the soda allowance. I see stated on Carnivals website that I can bring up to 12 12 ounce cans. However, does it have to be in a closed 12 pack container? I ask bc I was thinking of bringing a variety, such as some pepsi, some coke and some fruit juice spritzer type. Thanks in advance!

Hi all! My husband and I will be boarding our FIRST ever cruise on the Carnival Sensation next week. I have a question regarding the soda allowance. I see stated on Carnivals website that I can bring up to 12 12 ounce cans. However, does it have to be in a closed 12 pack container? I ask bc I was thinking of bringing a variety, such as some pepsi, some coke and some fruit juice spritzer type. Thanks in advance!

I've read that, on occasion, a carton will be opened to confirm that it's indeed "just soda". Don't think there would be a problem as long as it's all soda.

Remember that it's 12 cans PER PERSON. So you and your husband can take 24 cans on with you. They do not need to be in a carton, you can mix and match. Our last cruise the handle busted on the 12pk I was carrying and it hit the ground and busted and cans went everywhere :o Thankfully I had a Target bag I put them all back in. I am sure I looked spiffy carrying a Target bag of Dr. Pepper cans on with me. :')

Any liquid brought on the ship MUST be in a can. Carnival does not allow anything in bottles. People used to try to smuggle alcohol on board in bottles. Can are closed and can't be refilled. When I bring a bottle of wine on board they check the top to make sure it is factory sealed. And, take it on with your carry-on, don't check it. I think you can also buy it in ports but check this before you get off.