Azamara for family of five ... including three kids?

SleepingUgly

I'm surprised that Azamara came out less expensive than Oceania! And if your kids are getting a balcony on Azamara, that would be nice for them, plus the beverage package for your DH, and included gratuities.

/quote]

They weren't the same length though, Azamara 8 days vs. Oceania 10 days.

That's true, but I was pricing out Azamara + airfare (current rates; I checked on Kayak) + two nights in Rome pre-cruise + one night in Venice post-cruise (so 11 nights total), and it was still cheaper than Oceania for 10 days, before I factored in the one-night pre-cruise stay we'll want to do in Venice and the two-night post-cruise stay we'll want to do in Athens. Plus, with Oceania, even though airfare is included in the cruise rate, b/c we'll want to fly in early and fly out later, we'll need to pay a $175pp air deviation fee as well and that wasn't factored in either. So, pricing-wise, Azamara is the winner, but I have to admit - the Oceania itinerary is a slight favorite.

I'm still waiting to hear back from my TA ... :)

That's true, but I was pricing out Azamara + airfare (current rates; I checked on Kayak) + two nights in Rome pre-cruise + one night in Venice post-cruise (so 11 nights total), and it was still cheaper than Oceania for 10 days, before I factored in the one-night pre-cruise stay we'll want to do in Venice and the two-night post-cruise stay we'll want to do in Athens. Plus, with Oceania, even though airfare is included in the cruise rate, b/c we'll want to fly in early and fly out later, we'll need to pay a $175pp air deviation fee as well and that wasn't factored in either. So, pricing-wise, Azamara is the winner, but I have to admit - the Oceania itinerary is a slight favorite.

I'm still waiting to hear back from my TA ... :)

Did you compare prices just getting the credit for the air on Oceania and doing it yourself?

Did you compare prices just getting the credit for the air on Oceania and doing it yourself?

I did! It comes out to about even - $1000pp air credit and, right now, the flights would be @ $1025 per person if I bought on my own. So that does help with not having to pay the air deviation fees, at least!