ATTENTION: SUN shipboard credit

Zeno

Attention to those entitled to a shipboard credit on the NCL Sun (that is anyone who booked the Sun for the 2005-2006 NEW ORLEANS cruise BEFORE

Sept 1 2005)

As you may know, if you have read the NCL website, you are supposed to be given a $100 per cabin shipboard credit because the home port was moved from New Orleans (1st to Houston and starting Jan 21 to Miami).

If you read these boards as carefuly as I do, you will have noted that most of those entitled are getting their credit - HOWEVER occasionally someone does not and ends up having fight with NCL after the cruise.

As soon as I noticed this happening, I contacted my TA and had her check whether we were listed as being entitled. The following is what transpired:

1. TA contacts NCL. We are NOT listed as being entitled.

2. TA contacts travelwholesaler she deals with (Encore Cruises)

3. Encore cruises says we are entitled

4. Encore contacts NCL and escalates to management

5. Encore contacts TA to inform her that we are now confirmed as entitled to the credit

6. TA promises to send me (IN WRITING) whatever she can from Encore to confirm this.

Will we still have a problem when we board the ship? Who knows for sure but at least we have done all we can.

My suggestion to anyone else who is entitled to the credit:

Contact your TA and get them to contact NCL and confirm your entitlement.

If your TA tells you NCL has confirmed that you will be getting the credit - have your TA put it IN WRITING and bring it with you.

OR If you booked with NCL directly, contact Customer Service and confirm with them that you will get the credit. Have them send you an email confirming this. If Customer Service is not co-operative, ask to speak to management immediately.

DO NOT CONTACT NCL Customer Service if you have booked through a TA. This is your TA's job and they can escalate to NCL management far more quickly than you can.

NOTE: You are only entitled to this credit IF you booked BEFORE September 1 2005.

I hope this helps.

"This is your TA's job and they can escalate to NCL management far more quickly than you can."

My TA never got as far as management, only accounting dept. She was told they would "open a file" and examine the situation. Our cruise ended on Nov. 13, 2005. I got a card from NCL Customer Relations yesterday acknowledging receipt of my correspondence (phone call), and "We are researching your concerns and will respond to you in writing as quickly as we can".

Having read here on CC about the potential for this problem to arise, I carried hard copy on board with the relevent info (final payment before Sept. 1), but nothing could be done onboard. The simple fact is, if Corporate doesn't send your name to the ship you won't get the credit during the cruise. You will then have to deal with it after the fact as I am doing. Kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth after an otherwise good cruise. My credit card bill will be coming in a couple of weeks at which time I can dispute the charge. Its not much fun dealing with this kind of nonsense during the holiday season.

According to my TA, the wholesaler assured her that my name has been added to the "list". The wholesaler had to escalate to management to get it on the list. I guess I will find out for sure when I board the ship. Thanks to your reporting your problem, I decided to get this clarified as best I could before the cruise. Besides my proof that I booked before Sept 1, I will have whatever additional documents my TA can get from the wholesaler saying that I am entitled to the credit and that I am on the 'list". I hope I will not have any problems because I agree with you - who needs the additional stress when on vacation and I sure don't want to pursue NCL about this after the cruise if I can help it.

I will report back whatever happens (good or bad).

According to my TA, the wholesaler assured her that my name has been added to the "list". The wholesaler had to escalate to management to get it on the list. I guess I will find out for sure when I board the ship. Thanks to your reporting your problem, I decided to get this clarified as best I could before the cruise. Besides my proof that I booked before Sept 1, I will have whatever additional documents my TA can get from the wholesaler saying that I am entitled to the credit and that I am on the 'list". I hope I will not have any problems because I agree with you - who needs the additional stress when on vacation and I sure don't want to pursue NCL about this after the cruise if I can help it.

Please do. As soon as I hear from NCL or get my charge bill, I will report as well. We'll see how long it takes.

Duplicate.

Just updating this with the latest. TA contacted NCL today to see if my file was showing a shipboard credit. According to them, it is - so I am hopeful that when I board the ship, the credit will be there. I will of course report whether it is or not.

Just to let you know our credit was showing as confirmed by our travel aggent and NCL before we left. Checked our account Wed and it was not there. Had them check on it from the ship and it took until Sat to get it, but we did.

It was also put on as a refundable credit, so it went towards our tips. Very pleased.

Just to let you know our credit was showing as confirmed by our travel aggent and NCL before we left. Checked our account Wed and it was not there. Had them check on it from the ship and it took until Sat to get it, but we did.

It was also put on as a refundable credit, so it went towards our tips. Very pleased.

Oh boy I guess I will check it immediately on boarding. I hope it's refundable - so I can put it towards tips.

Archived