Back from a Norweigen Sun cruise with 16 month old

Hula

We just returned from a week on the Sun with our 16 month old son. It was a lot of fun, sometimes a little challenging, but we would do it again. All of the crew were so friendly with him and they all would stop to chat with him. He even let some of them carry him around, and then looked at us like "who are you" when they would try to give him back. We used the crib that the ship provided. It worked out good, but it was rather small, he definatley didn't have much room to roll around.

We took him to all of the shows, and he usually fell asleep.

We did our own thing when in port. In Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach. It was very nice, with free umbrellas and chairs. We didn't really do anything in Belize. We stayed on the ship and he splashed around in the baby pool. In Roatan we went to the beach, and had a great time. All of the sun and swimming really wore him out, he was so tired he was always ready to go to bed at night, and we had no problem getting him to take a nap.

If anybody has any questions I would love to answer them, I know I looked at these boards a lot before our cruise:)

SOunds like you had a great trip. We are considering taking a similar trip with our 2.5 year old in Feb. My only concern was the size of the cabins and the sleeping situation. I don't know if such a small crib will cut it for him.

SOunds like you had a great trip. We are considering taking a similar trip with our 2.5 year old in Feb. My only concern was the size of the cabins and the sleeping situation. I don't know if such a small crib will cut it for him.

You may want to consider taking a pack n' play if that is an option. My son is about 34 inches long, and there wasn't much room for him to move around in there. He probably woke himself up sometimes, bumping into the sides.

Hope you have a great trip:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived