Escape AFT Handicapped Balcony - Deck 14 - anyone have a picture balcony AFT Deck 14

kbalthaser66

Hello, we will be sailing on Deck 14 of the Escape in a Handicapped AFT balcony. I have heard that the balconies on Deck 14 AFT are much smaller than say that of AFT Deck 9. Can anyone please tell me if the AFT balcony on Deck 14 (Escape) will be big enough to comfortably have a lounger. Does anyone have ANY pictures from any of the AFT balconies on deck 14 so that I can get a visual of the size.

Is it possible to use mesh hammock on this balcony while not at sea?

Does this balcony have an overhang from above that would provide some shade on the balcony or is it 100% sun?

Lastly, does anyone know if the bed in the handicapped cabin on deck 14 is near the balcony or near the bathroom?

With photobucket killing free 3rd party hosting, finding photos is difficult. :(

I'll try to answer what I can.

The balcony can easily fit 2 loungers. If there is only 1 (possible since it is a HC stateroom), just ask the steward for an extra if needed.

I don't recommend using a make-shift hammock since it is their ship and guests shouldn't (imo) attach things that are going to be used to hold someone's weight. I know that some will do it anyway but if the c-clamps or similar damage the ship, it wouldn't be right.

All aft-facing balconies have an overhang. The position of the ship and the angle of the sun will determine the amount of sunlight hitting the person on the balcony.

The bed in 14906 should be near the balcony (based on other HC aft-facing staterooms on Escape).

kabinen-haven-penthouse-14300-7177-norwegian-escape.jpg

Here is deck 14 H6 (14300) which gives an idea of the balcony depth. That blue cushion is from a lounger but it is angled. It would fit lengthwise, though.

I sailed in June in 14906. The picture above is not the Handicap balcony. that is a picture of a Haven corner suite. I would think you could hang a hammock. There is another post with a picture of the handicap cabin floor 12. That is the exact picture of the 14th floor also.

Hello Trackstarsmom, can you tell me, since you actually stayed in the exact cabin I have questions about, can you fit 2 loungers on the balcony in cabin 14906? Since I am disabled I would prefer to relax on my own balcony in a lounger without completely cramping my husbands use of the balcony.

Did you have any issues with the shower water leaking out into the carpet outside the bathroom door?

Thank you so much.

Yes...I stayed in 14906 at the end of June this year. There is room for 2 lounge chairs. If they are not out on the balcony you can ask for them. I also asked for 2 chairs to put in the cabin itself because there is not a spot to sit for a guest other than the bed. The shower is a roll-in shower. Plenty of room and we did not have any issues with water. I also was concerned about that, especially since i am sensitive to mold. No odors in the room from damp carpet.