HIRO TOUR Anyone?

cruisernurse

Has anyone done the HIRO tour in Moorea? If so, would you do it again and was it worth the money. He said he would carry us to a private motu, but in Moorea they are not but 2 or 3 so how can it be that private? I am concerned he takes you where all the other cruise ship passengers are going.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nancy

• 3 weeks later...

Hiro is actually one of the owners( or at least his family owns) the CLub Bali Hai on Moorea. I think you depart from the Bali Hai..at least that is where we did.

We actually did a post cruise stay at the Club Bali Hai and ALMOST took Hiro's tour. We arrived on Sunday morning to the Bali Hai and asked about booking this tour..we wanted to go that day. There was another similar tour taking off at the same time. Hiro and the receptionist were trying to convince us to wait until Tuesday to take the Hiro tour rather than go with their competitor that day(because he couldn't accomodate on that day). We went with the competitor who had a bigger boat so more people in our group than Hiro's but we all did EXACTLY the same things..we did the sting rays, sharks and the "private" motu picnic is not really private..basically it means that each tour group has its own private tables and BBQ are on the same motu..so down the same stretch of beach, you saw Hiro's group, our group and there may have been a third..can't recall. You are not out in the water, but on the sand at tables.

I would think our guy(and I wish I could remember his name...very funny tahitien dude) would be the tour that Princess books because he can accomodate at least 30 people on his boat..maybe more..but I didn't find this a problem..we had a great time and the motu picnic did not seem crowded by the other groups..we stuck to our stretch of beach and had a great time!

Have fun!

We are also looking into doing Hiro's tour in August. Has anyone found photo's of the tour? I did visit his website, but was hoping for some unbiased opinions. They mention doing a 4x4 trip after the picnic and ray feedeing. Sounds like a great trip.

Archived