Lost Luggage

Adanac16

Lillian Vernon mail order used to sell them. That's where I got mine. Goggle and I'll bet you will get a lot of sellers. Mine are yellow with initials on it rather than our name. I'm always worried that a handler will take our name and address off the outside tag and figure out where we are (not at home) and a good guess of a window of opportunity to go play a visit to our empty house..

I have the address of our local police station on the outside ID tags. I, also, put cable locks on the suitcase. Easy for TSA to cut them off if they want (I immediately know to check to see if anything is missing) but may encourage a no-good to move on to another suitcase with easier access. So far, the only thing that was "stolen" out of a bag was a few lemon bars from a batch I made to take. At least they didn't take them all or the container which was one of my favorite! I now carry them in a throw away container and thinking about putting in a note saying "help yourself to a few, hope you enjoy them as much as my son will." Someone suggested a note saying "eat at your own risk" but decided that would be a bad idea (lol).

What great info on the luggage straps. I think that they will make great stocking stuffers for Christmas. I think i will order some for everyone in the family, especially for my Mother

The port called a few hours ago and said that my Mothers luggage was found and should be delivered to her tomorrow. Yay!!!!!!

So glad your mom’s getting her luggage back! About 30 years ago, my husband got two nice sturdy luggage straps for free from a hotel in Singapore. We wrap those around our suitcases on major trips. The hotel name is on the straps; they definitely make our suitcases recognizable. Free advertising for a hotel I’ve never been to...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by SnowCrocus

Always tip the baggage handlers so it doesn't accidentally fall overboard😄 Hope it is located.

When you are checking in for a cruise, the person you give your luggage to and then tip only takes your luggage to the next set of people who will handle it. And you did not tip them.