Need your help - Aft Cabins on Breakaway - decision time?

Ottawa Lynne

Which Room Would You Choose?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which Room Would You Choose?

• 9316 (port)
    • 12904 (stbd)
    • 13302 (port)
    • 14272 (port)

We (@TrueNorth74) are booked on the Breakaway February 2 for 14 days. Right now we have a mid-ship balcony. We're going to upgrade to a Haven (we've had a horrible 2017 and want to treat ourselves to start off 2018). It's a big expense for us so I want to try to make the right decision. (Our last cruise in December 2016 was awful - so many things went wrong we thought we were on Punkd! or Candid Camera!)

We think we're going for an Aft Penthouse Suite. Our options are 9316 (port), 12904 (stbd), 13302 (port) and 14272 (port). Thoughts - would you prefer one over the others?

Our other consideration is a Haven Spa Suite - but I'm not big into heat and I don't think my husband would enjoy the spa much (he tried it on another ship a few years ago). I also have allergies to lilac, lavendar, wool and vanilla.

We had a forward suite gifted to us by the fairy about seven years ago - but the weather was most uncooperative. We like having dinner in our suite and lounging on the balcony. Does anyone know if I can use the dining credits to dine in our room? The showers I have seen in the video are pretty exciting. Neither of us drink alcohol or coffee.

What side of the ship do we need to be on to see Lady Liberty as we leave? Any other considerations?

I super appreciate any help/insight/opinions you can provide!

We (@TrueNorth74) are booked on the Breakaway February 2 for 14 days. Right now we have a mid-ship balcony. We're going to upgrade to a Haven (we've had a horrible 2017 and want to treat ourselves to start off 2018). It's a big expense for us so I want to try to make the right decision. (Our last cruise in December 2016 was awful - so many things went wrong we thought we were on Punkd! or Candid Camera!)

We think we're going for an Aft Penthouse Suite. Our options are 9316 (port), 12904 (stbd), 13302 (port) and 14272 (port). Thoughts - would you prefer one over the others?

Our other consideration is a Haven Spa Suite - but I'm not big into heat and I don't think my husband would enjoy the spa much (he tried it on another ship a few years ago). I also have allergies to lilac, lavendar, wool and vanilla.

We had a forward suite gifted to us by the fairy about seven years ago - but the weather was most uncooperative. We like having dinner in our suite and lounging on the balcony. Does anyone know if I can use the dining credits to dine in our room? The showers I have seen in the video are pretty exciting. Neither of us drink alcohol or coffee.

What side of the ship do we need to be on to see Lady Liberty as we leave? Any other considerations?

14272....For the Breakaway aft penthouses my favorite floor plan, with the two sliding doors( one in the living room, and one in the bedroom) out to the balcony are on decks 11 and 14. I've cruised in both, the one on deck 14 you can hear some music and stuff from Spice H2O, if the balcony door is open in the evening....but not really and issue during the day.

If you like the other floor plan, which to me makes the bedroom feel small, and has a window above the bathtub that looks out onto the balcony.....the one on deck 9 would be my choice, since it has the largest balcony.

We'll be back on deck 11 in the Aft suite on the Breakaway in December.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1BTlHiysH8uPf4K7nqFjeMzHnr6R7LjNzEcmg1fseucY/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000&slide=id.gd442c551_36

That shows both configurations, and was put together by another CC member....

Edited by Got Tequila?

We were beside a haven suite on deck 9 just a few weeks ago. The balcony looked awesome, and huge. We were in 9118 and I think the time before was 9320. Deck 14 has the garden cafe above it, and the noise from h20. Personally I’d take the one on 9. I like to go down one floor to the waterfront.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were n 13302 last May Great room but has a small balcony can hear music at night from h20 but not an issue with door close, long way to the haven , My choice would be 9316 great room and has a very large balcony and is close to the action. we are going in Jan 18 in a haven spa suites ,

best location for Lady Liberty is the haven private sun deck , you will get an invitation for a Champagne sail-away from the concierge.

check out this spreadsheet there is a lot of good information about the breakaway

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

Thanks folks! I really appreciate your detailed and thoughtful responses. The link to the room comparisons was super helpful as well.

After careful consideration we are excited to announce that we have booked it!! We are going to be Havenites! WHOOT! WHOOT! 9316 will be our home for two weeks - I think it will be hard for us to leave.

We think we got a great deal as we got Canadian at par (but had to give up the freebies).