Let's Escape aboard the Escape, LIVE October 14th!

BugsyCruiser

Great reveiw Chris and thanks for sharing your week and your thoughts with us. I agree with you on most points except for Margaritaville, Food Republic and the After Midnight show. We loved Margaritaville and wasn't so impressed with Food Republic but that might have something to do with my taste in food. Loved the concept of Food Republic. Did not enjoy the After Midnight show at all, as did most of the people in our showing. At the showing I was at more than half the audience left during the show. Maybe they have tweaked it since we saw it in early 2016.

You didn't really mention much about the Atrium. That is the one poorly designed area of the ship. Too small for the amount of events and people that are in that area. Did you get to see one of the Deal or No Deal shows in the Atrium? So much fun!

As far as telling the front of the ship from the back of the ship. The fish on the carpets are swimming towards the front of the ship. This tip works great in the hallways.

How would you rate bang for your buck? Especially compared to RCCL.

Info about the car service would be great as we have never used one, but as you say, staying in Fort Lauderdale can be less expensive.

NCL Escape is my favorite ship so far that I have cruised.

Great reveiw Chris and thanks for sharing your week and your thoughts with us. I agree with you on most points except for Margaritaville, Food Republic and the After Midnight show. We loved Margaritaville and wasn't so impressed with Food Republic but that might have something to do with my taste in food. Loved the concept of Food Republic. Did not enjoy the After Midnight show at all, as did most of the people in our showing. At the showing I was at more than half the audience left during the show. Maybe they have tweaked it since we saw it in early 2016.

You didn't really mention much about the Atrium. That is the one poorly designed area of the ship. Too small for the amount of events and people that are in that area. Did you get to see one of the Deal or No Deal shows in the Atrium? So much fun!

As far as telling the front of the ship from the back of the ship. The fish on the carpets are swimming towards the front of the ship. This tip works great in the hallways.

How would you rate bang for your buck? Especially compared to RCCL.

Info about the car service would be great as we have never used one, but as you say, staying in Fort Lauderdale can be less expensive.

NCL Escape is my favorite ship so far that I have cruised.

Sorry but I see Margaritaville as being wasted space on the ship. It doesn't even have a Margaritaville look or feel to it. Again, this is my opinion.

We all have different tastes and just because some people don't like one thing, doesn't mean other people won't. Not directed at you but I am still amazed at the people who will act stunned that someone liked something they didn't or didn't like something they did. It's the "there's no way your experience could have been different from mine" attitude

The fishes are on the carpeting on the cabin decks but not the public decks from what I could tell. Like I said it took me a couple of days to get oriented but then everything was good

Atrium shows are fun, and yes it be nice to have more space for it.

Sent from my Samsung Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris!

I am a loyal NCL cruiser...because like you..they won me over.

I have sailed 3 other lines. Enjoyed all but NCL suites me and how I like to cruise perfectly.

Some of the Best food (in class of cruise line) available. I have sailed other lines in the same class and the next class above..and hands down NCL has the best variety. Weather you want specialty. MDR. Buffet or other included venues the selection can not be beat.

Like you I don't always tolerate crowds well. NCL always has places you can "escape" to if you don't want a lot of noise or people. And smaller but still fun venues for those of us who find bigger crowds challenging.

The entertainment value on board is second to none...though not always ones personal preference the quality and variety can not be beat.

Miami is crazy for boarding no matter what ship...such a huge volume of people sailing from there every day.

A lot of the delays are the port staff not the ships/cruise lines.

I am so used to it now that when I sail out of someplace more efficient I am really impressed...again regardless of cruise line .

I have been wanting to sail on escape since she launched in 2015 and finally January 13th it is happening.

A couple of great reviews this month are helping to build excitement and reaffirm what we already know...its going to be an amazing cruise.

Thanks for taking the time to post. I look forward to your next review!

Thanks for the great review. I do have a question about the MDR. If you didn't want to pay for the specialty dining, is the MDR food acceptable? Do they make it unpalatable to encourage people to spend more money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is very Good! Many many people just do the included restaurants.

Solid 4 star dining.

I am a foodie....not a food snob...but enjoy a good meal and they always deliver!

If you want quick. O'sheehans is great pub food and each night has a special...i.e prime rib.

I am not a buffet person at all...but norweigian's buffet is very good for thos days you do not want to spend a couple of hours dining .

The best bartenders on the ship hands down at Tobacco Roadc06290f468ba9efcaf73479f63e41bf7.jpg007d60f6d22f113d9e324ee8e30736e9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hey Chris thanks and enjoyed your review. I am very glad that you liked the Escape and NCL to return and book on the Bliss. We've been on 17 NCL cruises so far and have tried Carnival, RCCL, Princess, Holland, Celebrity and guess what's our favorite line: NCL and never looked back: they invented "Freestyle" and the specialty restaurants and I've never even thought about going back to any of those other lines.

We've been on the awesome Escape 3 times already (just recently on Sept 30,17 sailing) and booked the Bliss as well, although Easter Carib. itinerary sailing 12/15/18.

As a fellow local Illinois'er (from Crystal Lake, grew up in Lemont) I also agree that the "best" bartenders are at Tobacco Road. On your right in the PIC is the one and only Marcial. I enjoyed having him at the Pool Bar during the day and he then transferred to Tobacco Road in the evening. What a blast that was. Hands down the best "cocktail engineer" I've experienced onboard ANY ship I've been on. I was spoiled :')

Thanks for the great review. I do have a question about the MDR. If you didn't want to pay for the specialty dining, is the MDR food acceptable? Do they make it unpalatable to encourage people to spend more money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The food in the MDRs is perfectly acceptable and good, although service a couple nights was slow in the smaller dining rooms. We did 2 weeks on Escape so tried a lot of places. We don't usually do specialty dining but did purchase the 3 dinner package as a treat during our first week. After doing that once I don't know if I could cruise NCL without having a few specialty dinners as they were that great. I have to say that the buffet on Escape offered one of the best varieties I had ever seen on a ship and everything I tasted was good.