shopping

gramgill

we are visiting here for the first time next month and wasnt planning doing a tour but would like to have a stroll round the shops, can anyone tell me is the town centre close to the port ie walking distance or is there somewhere close to the port for shopping

• 2 weeks later...
we are visiting here for the first time next month and wasnt planning doing a tour but would like to have a stroll round the shops, can anyone tell me is the town centre close to the port ie walking distance or is there somewhere close to the port for shopping

We were just there last week. There are a lot of shops right there at the pier. You can also take a bus for 3 dollars pp to the town and a taxi for the return for 2 dollars per person. However, the vendors at the town are not as busy and are very pushy to the point of getting mad if you do not buy something.

I would not walk it to the town. Of course the port shops are right there at the pier along with the bar and pool.

We were in Majahaul last week. I did get 2 very nice pairs of silver earrings in town. One for $10 and one for $12, but the sellers were very pushy.

I think the prices at the port were better for the regular souvenirs (dolls, magnets, etc). The port is a very cute area - very touristy but felt safe. Big swimming pool in the middle with shops all around. We got alot of our souvenirs at a large store in the back close to where the Mexican dancers and singers are.

Archived