Dining Plan vs Platinum dinner question

barric

My understanding is that a Platinum specialty restaurant dinner includes 1 appie, 1 entree and 1 dessert . And I also think that a dinner under the Specialty dining plan includes one entree, but may allow multiple appetizers and desserts.

So, for an upcoming cruise on Jade, I have one each of these dinners with reservation at Le Bistro. Lets say I go into the restaurant the first time and see two appetizers I want to have tonight. Do I tell the server I want to use my SDP dinner now and not my Platinum dinner allowance?

Did I already have to declare which I will be using before being seated? Can anyone describe how this works?

This will be my first cruise as Platinum and am clueless.

The voucher says on it "Please give your server this certificate prior to ordering". So figure out what you want to eat, and then tell your server how you want to pay for it.

The menu is the same every night (it's posted all around the ship, and here on the Internet), so you may already know what you're going to order before you get to the restaurant.

When you check-in at the restaurant you will show either your Platinum dinner certificate or tell them you are using the dining package (on your keycard). And what you can order will often depend on your server--technically it's one of each (appetizer, often the salad, entree, and dessert). But I have told a server that since I will not be ordering dessert, may I have two appetizers, for instance. I don't think any will give you two entrees, but many are accommodating for the apps or desserts (even if you are having both, might bring you two).

My understanding is that a Platinum specialty restaurant dinner includes 1 appie, 1 entree and 1 dessert . And I also think that a dinner under the Specialty dining plan includes one entree, but may allow multiple appetizers and desserts.

So, for an upcoming cruise on Jade, I have one each of these dinners with reservation at Le Bistro. Lets say I go into the restaurant the first time and see two appetizers I want to have tonight. Do I tell the server I want to use my SDP dinner now and not my Platinum dinner allowance?

Did I already have to declare which I will be using before being seated? Can anyone describe how this works?

This will be my first cruise as Platinum and am clueless.

I've always told the host/hostess who seats me. I either give him/her my Platinum voucher or say I'm using SDP. You might want to check the menu before the first use. Menus are available at reservation desk, and Specialty restaurant menus remain the same throughout the cruise.