Rony's Tours

teknoge3k

I read on here a while back someone recommended Rony's Tours. I did some research and found good reviews about him. Not to mention he was great at responding to my emails. We have booked a private tour with him for next May and was wondering if anyone had any recent feedback? We're doing the private tour, adding in Daniel's Sloth & Monkey park, Half Moon Bay Beach, El Suampo Neighborhood, and also has off shore snorkeling, food stop, souvenir shopping, photo ops.

Thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, my wife and I had the privilege of a private day with Rony's Tours last week, while cruising on the Norwegian Getaway. Have posted the following review on Tripadvisor:

Wife and I were on a Norwegian Cruise Line (Western Caribbean) cruise last week and had booked a private guide thru Rony's tours for our day on Roatan, Honduras. BEST DECISION OF THE TRIP. Upon stepping off the ship at the dock in Coxen Hole, we exited the port and there was quite a crowd of tour operators holding up their respective signs. The Rony's sign was easily visible, and we were promptly walked a very short distance down the street to Rony's office, where we were greeted by our guide, Cameron (a native of Roatan). What followed was easily one of our best and richest travel experiences ever. We told Cameron that we wanted to see real life on the island, not beaches or bars. Roatan has recently attracted a few resort developers on the opposite side of the island, but otherwise much of the infrastructure and housing is fairly primitive by U.S. standards. Cameron filled our time with neighborhoods, stories, great conversation (including politics . . .), a visit to the Greenfield Children's Home orphanage (supported by Sandy Bay Lighthouse Ministries), hilltop shopping at a cluster of craft huts run by single mothers, and a fantastic lunch at Bertie's not far from the dock, and a fun stop at Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Hang Out (be prepared for up-close encounters with some friendly critters). Cameron was mindful of time, and got us back to the dock in plenty of time before we had to be back on the ship. Highly recommend taking a tour with this great locally owned and operated company.

Hi, my wife and I had the privilege of a private day with Rony's Tours last week, while cruising on the Norwegian Getaway. Have posted the following review on Tripadvisor:

Wife and I were on a Norwegian Cruise Line (Western Caribbean) cruise last week and had booked a private guide thru Rony's tours for our day on Roatan, Honduras. BEST DECISION OF THE TRIP. Upon stepping off the ship at the dock in Coxen Hole, we exited the port and there was quite a crowd of tour operators holding up their respective signs. The Rony's sign was easily visible, and we were promptly walked a very short distance down the street to Rony's office, where we were greeted by our guide, Cameron (a native of Roatan). What followed was easily one of our best and richest travel experiences ever. We told Cameron that we wanted to see real life on the island, not beaches or bars. Roatan has recently attracted a few resort developers on the opposite side of the island, but otherwise much of the infrastructure and housing is fairly primitive by U.S. standards. Cameron filled our time with neighborhoods, stories, great conversation (including politics . . .), a visit to the Greenfield Children's Home orphanage (supported by Sandy Bay Lighthouse Ministries), hilltop shopping at a cluster of craft huts run by single mothers, and a fantastic lunch at Bertie's not far from the dock, and a fun stop at Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Hang Out (be prepared for up-close encounters with some friendly critters). Cameron was mindful of time, and got us back to the dock in plenty of time before we had to be back on the ship. Highly recommend taking a tour with this great locally owned and operated company.

Thanks so much for this great review!

I read on here a while back someone recommended Rony's Tours. I did some research and found good reviews about him. Not to mention he was great at responding to my emails. We have booked a private tour with him for next May and was wondering if anyone had any recent feedback? We're doing the private tour, adding in Daniel's Sloth & Monkey park, Half Moon Bay Beach, El Suampo Neighborhood, and also has off shore snorkeling, food stop, souvenir shopping, photo ops.

Thoughts?

I wrote a review of Rony's Tours on my blog based on our Summer cruise. He did excellent work for us, which was impressive considering that my kids changed their minds about zip-lining right as we got there.

We have been to Roatan many times. Rony has become a great friend. We just love the children in his neighborhood - El Suampo. We spend time doing mission work in his neighborhood each time we visit. It is rewarding beyond words. No matter what you decide to do, I am very certain that Rony make sure you have a great day!