No PCC West Coast

Sotermarler

I often see the question about "Who is my PCC?" I also had that same question after booking direct but never figured out who it was. I tried to look on my paperwork and emails but no names have ever been listed, so I figured I would ask about it on my next booking.

I called the 800# for NCL this morning to book my 2018 cruise. I live in AZ and to my amazement the phone rep said he works out of the AZ office. (Wait, NCL is in the desert?) He said that since I called from the west, my call was routed to AZ.

I asked him why I don't have a PCC listed on any of my emails, itinerary or anything since I have booked directly through NCL before? He explained that there are 2 call hubs, AZ and Miami. If your call routes through Miami you will be assigned a PCC. The PCC will take calls and solicit business etc., but If your call routes through AZ, they are only an incoming call center. They will handle calls In the order they come in, not assign a PCC and and will not make outgoing solicitation calls.

So that answers the question of why some people like myself never get an assigned PCC. I am not sure how I feel about that, but I do know where I'm going to look for my next part time job!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My PCC is in AZ and she is great!

Really, doesn't seem fair that some people get them and others don't. Last time I booked online and didn't get one and this time I called on the phone and didn't get one. Did you book on the phone from AZ?

Sotermarler, I think it may be the time you're calling the 1-800 number at for NCL. We live in the PNW and have a PCC based out of Miami that we work with. But we have found if we call NCL after dinner we get the Arizona office fielding our calls.

We've been assigned new PCCs quite a few times now with our previous ones moving on to new opportunities. Generally we can get most of our queries done ourselves through the website or just a general rep at NCL is able to answer most of our questions.

Hope this helps!

I'm also west coast and always get Arizona office. A couple years ago a friend on the east coast gave me her Miami pcc number and I've used him since. It's nice because he knows what I want, will get me the cabin I want and most importantly he's available if there's a change or problem. Easy to email him anytime and then he'll get it done. I didn't mind using the Arizona office- they always seemed knowledgeable and easy to work with too but it is easier to have one contact person. With the time difference he says to just call the 800 number if I need to get something done outside his hrs. I've asked him about commissions too. Basically he still gets something if I want to transfer to a ta for extra goodies on a more expensive sailing. I just wait a few weeks so he gets partial commission. Having been burned in the past with cancellations, I stuck with the pcc for the last few. Seems ncl has really stepped up with taking care of passengers the past year and so I don't worry about that so much anymore.

Sotermarler, I think it may be the time you're calling the 1-800 number at for NCL. We live in the PNW and have a PCC based out of Miami that we work with. But we have found if we call NCL after dinner we get the Arizona office fielding our calls.

We've been assigned new PCCs quite a few times now with our previous ones moving on to new opportunities. Generally we can get most of our queries done ourselves through the website or just a general rep at NCL is able to answer most of our questions.

Hope this helps!

I thought that too, but I called at 9:00 am AZ so the Miami office should have been open. Maybe I just need to get the name of a good rep and stick with him/her.

Thanks!