Traveling to Belize with 4 year old? Great activities? Opinions please!!!! & Thanks!

crAZytwinmomma

My husband and I recently cruised with a stop in Belize, we snorkeled Hol Chan Marine and Shark Alley. Lots of fun.

We plan to return to Belize for a week with our family of five - our thirteen year old twin girls and our four year old boy.

Our family is pretty adventurous. Wondering any recommendations in general of “must do” activities or even guides/companies/excursions.

Also specifically wondering what adventures anyone with a four year old enjoyed.

We haven’t made any final plans but typically we use VRBO and stay inland a few days with another VRBO stay on the beach for a longer time to explore the ocean and to snorkel. We love snorkeling!56c9490f812d82085ab99b9f708b5ab5.jpg

Last year in Costa Rica our son, who was three years old did a fish & snorkel day (we were “out” about four hours on a private boat, when snorkeling, we stayed where I could touch bottom if need and towed him along in a small clear bottom raft with his puddle jumper on). He also did an animal interaction at a rescue center, feeding monkeys, birds and other rescued animals from Costa Rican rainforest which he really enjoyed.

Our girls on our travel adventures over the years have enjoyed swimming with dolphins, surfing, horseback riding, animal interaction encounters, snorkeling and zip lining.

Any cave tours appropriate for 4 year old?

We’d love to see one of the ruins too. Any recommendations which one is the best?

The picture is a collage of a few of my son’s favorite adventures in Costa Rica last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously the Belize Zoo could be of interest to your 4 year old. It too is a rescue animal facility. I can't opine on cave tubing for some one that young. Certainly your older children will enjoy it. Most of the snorkeling off the ships or out of Belize City go off shore.

And there's the Maya ruins. Probably a bit over kill for a young child. But you could easily combine Altun Ha which has manicured grounds and climbable temples with the Belize Zoo via a private vendor.

We booked our flight so we are definitely traveling back to Belize. We will spend three days in the “rainforest” to do ruins and cave tubing and seven days in Placencia for snorkeling and ocean time.

If anyone wants to add any favorite experiences or guides or any recommendations for us while we are in Belize please comment.

Thank you!

Our first cruise our son was 4. We went cave tubing with Major Tom. Our son loved it! He sat on my husbands lap. Now our son could swim and was used to a life jacket, so they would make a big difference. But it was something he really liked.

Good to know that went well. My son can swim also (we have a pool at our house in AZ) and is used to wearing his coast guard approved puddle jumper for boating/ocean swimming.

I never thought of him on my lap. That could be an option. I’ll have to try it out in our local pool with a lazy river to get a better idea.... thanks.