Corner Family View

Cruise Arizona

Hey everyone, I'm just back from the Infinity. It was absolutely fabulous.

We just booked the Mercury for next year Thanksgiving with the kids.

We were!!!! able to book a Family Ocean View or FO cabin for the four of us and I am thrilled because the only other cabins that would accomodate 4 were a sky suite with a roll away and some of the quad cabins on the lower two passengers decks.

I've found some webshots of some of the interior FO cabins, but I'm having trouble confirming that the corner rooms, we are in 8259 has two sets of windows, I believe it does, but I am looking for confirmation.

Happy cruising.

I do not believe that the corner FOs have 2 sets of windows (presumably the other window would be on the side wall facing out the side of the ship?). We were in an FO type cabin (8231) on board Century and it did not have a 2nd window although admittedly the aft design is slightly different than Mercury. When we were in Mercury FO 1152, I recall that there were not extra windows on the corner FOs up on that deck (Deck 10, Penthouse). But as far as the Deck 8 FO's I cannot really remember.

And yes, you are right--getting an FO for 4 people is terrific compared to the other alternatives (space-wise and money-wise).

For our Infinity cruise to Hawaii in October (has it been that long now) we had stateroom 7171 and just happened to check about a month before we sailed and FV 7202 was available. We did upgrade and it was an amazing time. The balcony was so big and the room also. Would we do it again? Not sure as it was very pricey but for our dream trip to Hawaii, it was perfect. Just the 2 of us.

• 3 years later...
I do not believe that the corner FOs have 2 sets of windows (presumably the other window would be on the side wall facing out the side of the ship?). We were in an FO type cabin (8231) on board Century and it did not have a 2nd window although admittedly the aft design is slightly different than Mercury. When we were in Mercury FO 1152, I recall that there were not extra windows on the corner FOs up on that deck (Deck 10, Penthouse). But as far as the Deck 8 FO's I cannot really remember.

And yes, you are right--getting an FO for 4 people is terrific compared to the other alternatives (space-wise and money-wise).

We are in 8231 on Century in July. Do you have any pics to share? Was the view good?

Archived