Symphony Of The Seas - 21.04.18 - Fly / Cruise Package from UK - CHECK YOUR INVOICE

Hi all

If any of you have booked a package with RCI including flights from Manchester, RCI have just issued out new invoices. CHECK THEM. The original package included flights with Monarch. They have been changed to INDIRECT FLIGHTS with KLM via Amsterdam getting in at 2pm in Barcelona.

But RCI's airline department charged us the full cost of flights with Monarch so our cost went up by £364.

I pointed out that this cost wasn't ours as it was advertised as a "Package" and they agreed to revise it.

The following day another new invoice arrived - this time they booked the same journey but departing Manchester at 5.55am arriving 12.30pm. But the "cancellation charge" was still on the invoice.

Eventually and after 4 hours on the phone they agreed to drop this charge and re-booked us to fly direct from Liverpool.

I am just warning anyone booked same package as us (or perhaps anyone who is booked on a UK package from any other regional airport to check your paperwork.

Interesting one

The T&C do say that they use the right to book in-direct flight as it's just the cheapest option available (as you get a cheaper price and extra protection than booking things yourself)

Good that they've agreed to re-book you, but the T&C do say they can use in-direct flights.

I booked separately from RCI as it’s cheaper.

I’m flying out with Ryanair and back with Vueling. Taxis to and from the airport are on €40 each way per cab.

Too expensive as a package plus they are direct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Initially I was more concerned that they had charged us the cancellation fee for changing the flights - this should have been down to them. It appears to have been an error on their part.

I was pointing this out so others could check their invoice to ensure this hadn't happened to them.

However my other concern was that it was advertised as DIRECT flights. We took the option as the deal offered was better than e could get ourselves. The flights and transfers worked out cheaper.

In the end all is well and it really doesn't matter whether we fly Manchester of Liverpool.

The final point is regarding the Manchester flights RCI were offereing. They were proposing to fly KLM via Amsterdam, arriving at 2pm. It was just not enough time to board the ship. RCI have realised this now.

I hope others who have the same package get theirs sorted okay