Summit Concierce Class Aft-Facing Balcony Deck 9

vtpeachy

If you've had an aft-facing balcony (concierge class) on deck 9 of the Celebrity Summit in the past few years, I'd like to know whether noise was an issue. I've read a few reviews where noise from the bar on deck 10 was a big problem (dragging chairs, etc) to others where the reviewer said it wasn't an issue at all. We always get the aft-facing balcony because we use it a lot, love watching the prop wash and having the extra space. Too much noise, particularly music or partying would ruin it for us. Also, is smoking allowed in the bar above and did the smell waft down? Any other pros and cons to consider? Our other choice is an aft-facing balcony on the Dawn, same itinerary, for about $500 more. Exactly the same cabin as our last Bermuda trip so I know noise won't be an issue since the spa is above it. Any and all opinions welcome and very helpful!

We actually really like being in those cabins. We may have been on deck 8 though. At night they have musicians perform and it's nice to sit out on the balcony and listen. We've never had a problem with smoke because I don't think smoking is allowed at that bar. The extra large balcony is a huge plus. I think it's only configured that way on the Summit and Millie.

Got off the Summit last week. Had c1 aft cabin 7208 for two of the three weeks we were onboard. Great cabin. The balcony is almost as big as the cabin.

Being on 7 you don't hear the chair noise. Very private with the partial cover but you still get the sun. There is no smoking at the oceanview bar.

We were on the Summit deck 9 aft balcony cabin this past June. Noise definitely was an issue, could hear chairs being scraped across the deck well past midnight then again early in the morning as the crew moved them around to wash the deck. Depends how sound a sleeper you are I guess if it will bother you or not. That being said the aft balcony cabins in my opinion are the best on the entire ship, if deck 9 was the only option available I would still book it. We did not notice any smell of cigarette smoke and the music we did hear was not loud at all and was usually finished by 1030pm.

We were on Summit in October last year in an aft cabin on deck 9 and the only time we heard anything from the bar above us was during happy hour and then it was laughter and clinking glasses....after dinner we would sit outside until it got cold and it was very pleasant....We NEVER heard any noise from upstairs when inside our cabin..... the balcony is almost as big as the cabin with lots of shade. No cigarette smoke and music was not objectionable. Best cabins on the ship!!