Galveston

nikblondiew

One of our S&S'ers did some recon in Galveston... there are several good bars. if you are staying at the Hilton, the bar there is supposedly good. Also, JuJu's looks FUN!!! You shouldn't have any problems finding some good bars... it sounds like there are several.

We are on the same crusie. I have been looking into what's happening on NYEin Galveston and haven't found much out. We will be in Galveston starting on 12/28 so will have a few days to recon.:cool:

We are going to be in Galveston on New Years Eve to sail out on the Conquest (01/01).

Does anyone know a fun bar to go to?

We are going to be in Galveston on New Years Eve to sail out on the Conquest (01/01).

Does anyone know a fun bar to go to?

There is a bunch of us on the 1/1 Conquest. You should join our roll call!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=186251

If you want to give me an age range, I can probably give you a good idea of what to do in Galveston. My BIL and SIL live in Houston and my SIL was born and raised in Galveston and still has family there.

Let's just say my two 20 something kids and their SO as well as their cousins might have a different idea of a great bar versus their Dad and I - lol! Of course they're all quite impressed with my alcohol smuggling ideas taken off these boards!!!!

Locals told me a place called Molly's but I was having way to much fun to leave & go check it out.

I happen to know the owner of Molly's in Galveston because I used to cocktail waitress for him in a bar named (of all things) Molly's in Houston. His bars are your typical Irish bar. I have ALWAYS had a great time at any of his bars! (last count he had about 5 or 6 from Galveston all the way up to The Woodlands) So if you go and you meet a bit tall Irish guy named Eamond, tell him Paige said hi!

Archived