My view of Costa Maya

houstoncruisers2001

My wife & I were there on 12/5. The Grand Princess was the only ship in port so it wasn't very crowded. Last year we had 3 ships in port. Anyway, we made our way through the stores by the pier and headed for the bus stand. We got our $2pp bus ticket and boarded an air conditioned bus for Majahual. We got off at Tequila Beach Club and wished we hadn't. Tequila Beach had high priced beer and a NASTY beach and I don't care if they do have an all-you-can-drink deal. We left in short order and made our way into town. The people hawking stuff in Majahual were the worst I've ever seen, but I guess that since we were the only ship in port this was kind of expected. The beach in town was alot nicer and the beer was cheaper. We ended up at a little place called Sol(?) and we had a good time. We had a table in the shade by the water, drank a few $2 a bottle beer, had some guacamole & chips($5) and swam some. We stayed a couple of hours and really enjoyed it. After making our way back through town(and the hawkers) we took a $3pp cab back to Costa Maya. I bought a Dos Equis for $3.50 from a vendor and was shocked that it was only a 10oz beer. What a rip!!! My wife looked in the shops as I nursed my little beer, then we headed back to the ship. All in all, it was a good day once we found a decent place in Majahual. I would highly recommend going into town dispite the hawkers & the nasty beach at Tequila Beach.

NOTE: This is where we sat in Majahual. My wife is in the foreground. Nice.

936605771303_0_ALB-1.jpg.e68c06bef367a0de80b61c411c72e949.jpg

Pic looks a lot like where we spent the day....The place was called El Faro. The food was excellent and so were the drinks. Clean restroom too. Massages were $20 for 40 minutes.....fantastic!!!! The beach was great. Very calm and clear water. We loved Costa Maya and the people there. Yes, the vendors are a bit pushy but it's their living, they have to be. Just say no and keep walking. Loved it there and would go back for sure.

Archived