Is there such a thing as Free Upgrades for rooms??

Raven77

Maybe a dumb question but I openly admit I am a first time cruiser ... very green :eek: ...but was wondering if there is a such a thing as a free upgrade of your room..currently we are in cabin 8238....if so, how do we go about doing so...hope to hear from someone...:)

• 3 weeks later...

Raven:

Yes, there is such a thing as a "FREE UPGRADE". We were upgraded on our last cruise from a regular Suite to a Panorama Suite. We even knew that ahead of time. Our booking agent was great and she told me ahead of time (at time of booking) that the possibility is about 80% that we would be upgraded... Sure in deed, 3 days after we booked, she contacted me, and informed me that we were upgraded!

I already heard from several people in our group (for our upcoming cruise), that they have been upgraded.

If there is availability and room, they may bump you up a category or two, or give you a balcony instead of an oceanview cabin.

Sometimes it never hurts to be at the port a little early and even ask, if there would be a chance of an upgrade.

I remember on our first cruise (we had an inside cabin), we asked for an upgrade at the port, but they were fully booked, so in that case we did not get an upgrade.

Hope it works out for you...

Andy

Upgrades are very possible. If you look on costas website they offer what they call easyupgrade. if you book and inside cabin you get upgraded to an oceanview and if you book an oceanview you get upgraded to a balcony. all I did was call our booking agent and told them I seen this on thier website and poof we were upgraded...

Thank you for the information Teak and Andy really appreciate, I will look into these options...As we are sailing in 5 days it might be too late but will look into non the less. Thanks again for the info and Happy Sailing...

Raven:)

Archived