My Time Dining/ entertainment reservations

Hello.

New RC cruiser. Not new to cruising.

We will be on Freedom of the Seas in January. We are signed up for My Time Dining and will use the complimentary dining options.

l am receiving emails from RC inviting me to make restaurant reservations. As I read on the website these are needed for the specialty restaurants and that makes sense.

I thought the entire purpose of My Time Dining was that I did not have to pick a time or a restaurant and make reservations. I could just show up.

Questions:

1. Do I need to make dining reservations for the MDR or the buffet?

2. Do I need to make any reservations for any of the entertainment?

Thanks!

You don't need to make reservations for the dining room if you choose not to. The advantage though, is that if you like to eat at a specific time, with reservations, just like going to a restaurant, you will have a table for that time. If you choose not to make reservations, you can just show up and wait in line for a table.

We make reservations as we like to have dinner about 7PM and by doing so, we just show up and within a couple of minutes we are seated. If you choose not to reserve, the lines do get long at the popular dinner times which can range from 6:30-8PM. It's your choice and no reservations are needed for the buffet.

As far as shows, I don't believe that you make reservations on Freedom. I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am, that only applies to Oasis class ships.

... Do I need to make dining reservations for the MDR or the buffet?

No reservations for the buffet. If you are a party of two, I would not bother with MDR reservations. However, if you have a large party, I would make MDR reservations to reduce your wait time.

We always do Any Time Dining. We also received emails asking us to make reservations. We usually do, as a sort of formality. With the ATD you eat upstairs. We were on the Jewel of the Sea a couple of weeks ago. When you enter the MDR if you go to the right side, it said people with reservations, if you go to the left, it was for people with no reservations. We went to the right side and got seated with those who went to the left (makes no sense) but, in reality, if you choice to eat at a popular time and you have made a reservation, you will be seated before those without a reservation. We never waited for a table as we like to share and they are usually always available.

Cheers

Len