NCL Breakaway vs Carnival Pride

FamishedSubs

Hi all, long-time lurker, first-time poster. Posting to both boards.

A group of friends and I are planning on booking a cruise in early March 2018, and have narrowed it down based on departure port, price points, and dates to either the Breakaway or the Pride (which come out to about the same price after factoring in our considerations), so I was wondering if anyone could offer some comparison.

From what I've seen, the BA's definitely the more modern of the two with more bells and whistles, but seems to suffer from crowding and a subpar layout; further explanation on the details would be nice to hear. Since this would be happening in March (Breakaway leaving from NYC and Pride from Baltimore), both of which will be a bit on the brisk side, any word on how the two ships are with regards to weather (covered pools and the like) would also be great.

For what it's worth, my group is all in our mid-twenties, so we fully expect the spring break vibe given when we're booking, but are fine with that. The main focuses for the group will probably be factors like lounging opportunities, food, nightlife opportunities, and the like on account of age. It's fairly unlikely we'll pursue much in specialty dining options regardless of which ship we wind up taking, which I understand is probably a point against the BA.

If it will help any, my prior experience is limited to RCCL. Where that's concerned, I've been on the Liberty, Freedom, Navigator, Harmony, and Anthem in the past. A couple members of this group and I were on the Anthem last year and loved basically every part of it, but our available dates don't line up quite as well with the Anthem for this year as they did last year.

Comparing apples and oranges here. You have to figure out what's important to you. We can't do that.

I've been on both ships, and I would sail both again. If have to choose one, I pick Breakaway - better entertainment and more things to do over all.

Which ship are you closer to?

Are you getting a "free" drink package with Breakaway or other perks? Does that matter to you?

Pride has a covered pool where Breakaway does not.

Which ship are you closer to?

Are you getting a "free" drink package with Breakaway or other perks? Does that matter to you?

Alright, thanks. We're a bit closer to the Pride, but train tickets are only ~$10 more expensive, so we're not really putting that into consideration.

We'd be getting the drinks package with the Breakaway, which is nice, but the cost of the Pride after the drinks package looks like it comes out to about the same, so for our purposes we're considering their price points to be approximately equal.