Royal out of Miami

RARcruise

Hi everyone. I am about to leave for Florida for some Disney time then heading to Miami for a cruise. I have been meaning to research this but kept forgetting and now I don't have the time.

What time are we allowed to get to the port in Miami and how do I find out which terminal to go to? I know that setsail pass say's a certain time but in Port Canaveral people are always there before said time. I like to get on the ship as soon as I can but don't want to show up and just sit in the terminal for 2 hours or anything. (I am aware that it can happen if something unexpected happens)

Thanks!

Hi everyone. I am about to leave for Florida for some Disney time then heading to Miami for a cruise. I have been meaning to research this but kept forgetting and now I don't have the time.

What time are we allowed to get to the port in Miami and how do I find out which terminal to go to? I know that setsail pass say's a certain time but in Port Canaveral people are always there before said time. I like to get on the ship as soon as I can but don't want to show up and just sit in the terminal for 2 hours or anything. (I am aware that it can happen if something unexpected happens)

Thanks!

You can get to the terminal at 10am if you like. There will be signs (and a huge ship) telling you which terminal to use.

Edited by Host Clarea

Thank you so much for the reply! Freaking out a little bit and having a hard time getting all my thoughts in order.

Enjoy your cruise. How are you getting to the port? Your shuttle service usually knows where each ship is, and it really is obvious when you get there, provided you know your ship name :) If you're parking there, you will also find plenty of signs.

On a personal note, Royal Caribbean is building a new terminal that I think is scheduled to open in October, if you get any photos of that, it would be appreciated.

Oh, PS I assume however you get there, you will be driving pass American Airlines Arena and over the bridge. As you crest the bridge Royal Carribean ships come into view quickly and are typically at the first piers. It makes great viewing and I always enjoy the first siting of the ship.

bridgeview.jpg

I can't remember what time we arrived at the port, but it was around 10:45 I think. Our cab took us close to the front door where the porter took our bags. We walked right in and got in line. We waited about 30 minutes then they opened security up and with in 10 minutes we had our set sail cards. We then got herded to a little holding area and waited about 10 more minutes. Then we were allowed to board. This was our first cruise and total wait was less than an hour.