Spa reservations now or later?

meholzapfel

I am booked in a Cloud 9 Spa suite for our Jan 6th cruise on the Magic. I am thinking about doing a couples massage as well as maybe a hair styling. I have read about people getting spa deals once they are on board. Should I reserve one now or wait? Plus aren't spa suite's supposed to get a discount for services? I don't want to reserve now if I would have saved money by doing it once on the ship. Thanks

wait, many specials, especially port days. However, I can bring my self to pay $140 for a 55 minute massage. I get massages here in the states and it's generally $60 an hour. I believe the couples massage in north of $250 for 55 minutes. Depending on where you port, beach massages at Costa Maya were $25 an hour and quite good.

Here's the rub... Yes there are good discounts especially when the ship is in a port of call. BUT they are commonly on a combo package of the lesser services like for $119 pick 3 out of 5 services from a list that might include things like a 25 minute massage, a 25 minute mini facial, 15 minute each foot/leg reflexology, moisture mask for the hands, and mani or pedi. Or unpopular services like the men's haircut, shave, and moisturizing facial. Rarely the specials are on popular services like the couples massage especially since most ships have only 1 treatment room big enough for 2 tables.

As another kick to the come on for the discounted spa services by booking a Cloud 9 spa cabin is that generally you need to book 3 or more services per person prior to the call for muster. If done online you can decide on a 1 today another next week and the 3rd just before the cruise. If you wait till on board you need to book them all in 1 transaction to get the discount.

Finally if by chance a reserved online prepaid service does go on special for the day you already have the appointment schediled, the spa will generally honor the lower price, but only if you point it out prior to the service beginning. If the special pricing is going to be for another day and you have more than 24 hours until the booked service you can cancel the reserved one and reschedule for the time or date the service will be offer for at a discount.