Norovirus on Ventura

Port out

Don't let it take the shine off. As long as you hadn't arranged to meet anyone, switching ports is nothing to worry about. I have tendered into Madeira and at least you land right in the Town rather than a long walk or bus ride in. I am sure they will be ultra-cautious on the deep clean as they won't want to spoil people's Christmas/New Year.

Are the fireworks either views from an anchorage than on the birth?

Yes, the storm was recorded as force 10-11 (12 is a hurricane). It was frightening. The captain had to steer into the wind to alleviate the possibility of endangerment to the ship. There was never a 45 degree list as this would have meant capsizing, over 30 degrees you possibly go over, but there was listing. It's hard to believe the power of the wind pushing a 116,000+ tonne ship to list. Incidentally there were no cruise logs issued to report this. I applied for one by email quoting cruise N734 and this shows the weather for Sunday 10th Dec. winds 10-11 and Monday 11th force 9.

We too were on this cruise and still talk about that night. Both of us had retired to bed early as not feeling well. The first I knew of the list was when I found myself on the floor making good progress towards the balcony. I managed to scrabble back to the bed on all fours. The following morning heard reports of broken limbs and by the end of the cruise of people leaving the ship early not wanting to traverse the Bay of Biscay again.

Had the good fortune to meet BMT in the Glasshouse one day as she was admonishing (quite rightly) the waiters for not cleaning the tables etc properly.

Edited by dave2