deep sea fishing mexican riviera

cariboujerky

I'm a commercial fisherman from S.W. Alaska going on mercury to mexican reviera in Feb 05. Has anyone gone fishing in any of these ports. Also will thay cook your fish for you on board?

two fisherpersons from Alaska on there first cruise

Hello cariboujerkey,

As far as I know, there are no boats in the Mexican Riviera that will cook your catch for you while you are out fishing.

I originally am from San Diego, I know the party boats have a cook onboard and can cook your catch.

Here in the Mexican Riviera, there is only a captain and a deck hand.. No cooks onboard.

You will for sure have a really great time fishing down here..

If you have any further questions, please post them here, and I will do my best to answer them..

Gray (fish4ever)

Hi, this question is for Gray...

Do you think there is better fishing in Mazattlan, Cabo, or Purto Vellarta (sorry about the spelling)? I'd like to go on a horse tour in Mazattlan, but I want to make sure my husband gets to fish, do you know of a good tour on Cabo or PV for fishing? Also, if you do what is the cost in USD?

P.S. Hi cariboujerky! I'm from Alaska too, North Pole/Fairbanks, my family is from Juneau, I sure hope sport fishing in Mexico is as fun as it is in Southeast! icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

9/04 Pride Second Anniversary, First Honeymoon!

Hello tinydancer21,

Your choice of horseback riding here in Mazatlan is a really great choice.. Not that the fishing is not good here as it is really good now with plenty of Striped Marlin and also alot of small game fish near shore for alot of action, but the horseback riding here is very memorable and alot of fun.

As for Cabo, the fishing is good there, but most cruise ships are there for a short time compared to the other ports. I would probably have to say Puerto Vallarta would be a good choice with good fishing since you will be unable to fish here in Mazatlan.. As for a reputable company in PV, I do not know any personally.. I would have to say let your fingers do the walking online and just choose what you like.

I hope you and your husband have a really great cruise..

Please feel free to ask any more questions that you want to and I will do my best to reply quick..

Gray (fish4ever)

north pole,I have been fishing a couple times in Mazatland. Great both times.Outside fishing is about 400 a day plus tips. 30 ft or better boat. inside fishing gigging is qbout half. very reasonable compared to alaska. Any town down there will have goood fishing. just remember fishing is fishing fred also was wondering if the cruise ship will cook your catch.

Hello cariboujerky,

None of the cruise ships will allow you to bring any fish back to the ship, frozen, fresh, smoked, etc. So they will not be able to cook your catch for you at any port.

What I recommend, is if you or anyone really wants to eat their catch, there are many restaurants here in Mazatlan and as well at any port here in the Mexican Riviera that if you make sure the fishing boat you rent comes in early enough to where you can take the catch to a local restaurant and eat and enjoy your catch with a cold beer..

Please feel free to ask any questions.. I will try to respond as quickly as possible.

Gray (fish4ever)

gray, thanks for the come back. just looking for neat things to do. i work on boats all summer up north. been in maztlan a couple times 1968 on sub. 2000 with family. had a fine fishing trip. can't keep the fish you can have my daredo and snapper. getting ready for herring halibut and salmon up here. fish on FRED icon_cool.gif

There is also a very strong and active catch and release program on most of the reputable fishing boats out of the ports on the Mexican Rivera, since many of the fish there (sword fish, Marlin, dorado) are dwindling in numbers due to over fishing and other issues. If you like to fish, choose one of these, have your photo taken with your fish, and let them go back to the sea. I am a dedicated catch and release fresh water fisherwoman, and think this is great for ocean fishing too.

HA Constitution 1986

NCL Skyward 1988

Crystal Harmony 1992

Dawn Princess 1994

HA Independence 1995

Celebrity Zenith 1997

Grand Princess 1999

Regal Princess 2000

Crystal Harmony 2000

HAL Ryndam 2001

HAL Statendam 2003

RCI Vision of the Seas 2003