Should I or Shouldn't I- Wrap around Aft Balcony on Valor?

LisaFlyer

Ok- here's my dilemma- I have the opportunity to get the 7445 balcony on the Valor when we go November 06 on the exotic WC. We are kind of tight on money, but I have the whole year to save. We will be doing a lot of scuba diving, and we are rarely in our rooms, but I was also thinking this would be good to put all the wet scuba stuff out there. Here are the numbers:

Regular balcony 8a with possible 2 cat upgrade- $930

WA Balcony 7445- $1142

Suite- $1432

Whatcha think? Is it really worth the extra $$ when we won't be in our room that much since we are so active on the ship and excursions? Also, are these good prices- they are through my TA...

Lisa

*prices are per person, after taxes and port fees, but don't include tips.

Ok- here's my dilemma- I have the opportunity to get the 7445 balcony on the Valor when we go November 06 on the exotic WC. We are kind of tight on money, but I have the whole year to save. We will be doing a lot of scuba diving, and we are rarely in our rooms, but I was also thinking this would be good to put all the wet scuba stuff out there. Here are the numbers:

Regular balcony 8a with possible 2 cat upgrade- $930

WA Balcony 7445- $1142

Suite- $1432

Whatcha think? Is it really worth the extra $$ when we won't be in our room that much since we are so active on the ship and excursions? Also, are these good prices- they are through my TA...

Lisa

*prices are per person, after taxes and port fees, but don't include tips.

Its really up to you if you want to spend the extra money. I saw this cabin 7445 last week when we were on the Valor. It is great with lots of extra room in the room. Very close to the lido deck.

http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=7911...=SYE/otsi=SALB

That is a link to pictures on the Valor Dec 4 - 11. We were in the cabin next to the one you are thinking about and had an opportunity to go inside 7445. The pictures include a shot of the balcony for 7445.

My last cruise in April on the Valor I had a wrap balcony but mine was on the Veranda deck. We love them we never use to spend a lot of time out on the balcony but we did on this one, did a lot of reading, hubby took naps and had our coffee in the moring out there. The view is great. There should be pictures of this cabin somewhere on here if you do a search. Linda

Just had a wrap last week (7425 Triumph) and it was fabulous. But if you are planning on using it for storage of scuba equipment and not the spectacular sunrises, sunsets, pulling into/out of ports, coffee in the morning or cocktails in the evening then go for the 8A. There should be room on the balcony for your equipment. There are some 8As on the Empress deck that have the longer balconies (7434 & 7439) for the same price as an 8A. If you want extra balcony space, see if you can get one of these and save the money. This is a great deck also since it is between 2 decks of rooms.

If just for storage,save the extra $ for excursions, shopping etc.

Archived