Embarkation Question for Tahitian Princess

vinoman

I have a question about the embarkation procedures in Papeete. We're arriving in Papeete on Dec. 19th and staying just down the street from the cruise ship dock that evening. Embarkation is on the 20th and I understand that passengers leaving the ship have most of the day to disembark. When would be a good time to show up at the ship with all our luggage? I don't want to sit around in the heat waiting for people to get off when we can be doing something in Papeete (market, shops, etc.) I can see if we can leave our luggage at the hotel if need be. Will the ship take our luggage even though we might not be able to get on the ship?

Vinoman, You can go on at about noon and get your room if it is ready no problem, the other passengers have the run of the ship but your room will be yours. The ship will take your luggage at the check-in and you can put your carryons in the room clean or not. You can come and go off the ship as you like all day. hope this helps, have a great time!!

Vinoman, we arrived 2 days early and the day of embakation we got to the port about 1 p.m. or so and there was absolutely no one in line to check in and they were so smooth and quick about getting us checked in and on board. They shuffle you right to the buffet for lunch. As soon as we got to our cabin it was all ready to go and drop off our carry on bags. Our checked bags didn't take long to get to our room at all.

And the day you disembark you have to be out of your cabin by 10 a.m. but then you can check your carry upstairs at one of the restaurants and then roam the ship all day or get off.

HI.. I'm confused :confused:about when ship leaves Papeete. If it says Monday we embark.. then it says we don't leave Papeete until Tuesday at 5:00pm. Am I reading the itinerary correctly?? If we get on the ship Monday at about 1:00pm.. what happens until we leave Tuesday at 5:00pm??

Thanks for your help.

Ciana:)

Ciana,

You overnight in Papeete and sail away the next day. You are free to get off and on the ship as much as you like until then. There are people arriving and leaving on embarkation day until nearly midnight.

Renee

Vinoman, we arrived 2 days early and the day of embakation we got to the port about 1 p.m. or so and there was absolutely no one in line to check in and they were so smooth and quick about getting us checked in and on board. .

That is because all of us coming in the day of were still on our flights which do not arrive until late in the evening. Then they turn the planes around and take out the departing cruisers...:)

the day you disembark you have to be out of your cabin by 10 a.m. but then you can check your carry upstairs at one of the restaurants and then roam the ship all day or get off.

People flying out disembarking day will start getting called for their transfers around 6-8PM. On our trip we did an all day tour of Tahiti the day we departed.. got back to the ship, ate dinner, then got called for our transfer and left for the airport....:D

Archived