Finisterra Hotel, Cabo San Lucas

shawilson

It is my favorite place in Mexico to get fish tacos. You can see if from where the "tenders" dock and is about a 10-15 minute walk. But I must warn you, the driveway to the hotel is very steep - so you may to take a cab ($2-3).

Their Whalers Bar has a great view and is the perfect place to sit in the shade and enjoy a Pacifico Beer.

Tom

We visited the Finisterra's Whalers Bar on our last trip to Cabo. The driveway was very steep but managable. We found an easier down, which may be the best or at least the easiest way up.

After you pass the guard post the road splits -the steep driveway on the left and a road to the right. Follow the road to the right pass the hotel parking to the hotel lobby. Once in the lobby - the elevators are beyond the lobby to the left - take the elevator to the 2nd floor. Follow the walkway to the restuarant and Whalers Bar elevator - the bar is on the top level.

Great views of the pacific ocean on one side and nice views of cabo on the other. Service was a bit slow - I was dying of thirst from our trek up the hill. Enjoy!

Aside from the great lunch and beer, are there any facilities that can be used - pool, beach access, etc. Do they charge a fee for this. Thanks for info.

8/29/04 Carnival Pride

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;08;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

10/13/04 Celebrity Mercury

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;10;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnivale 1980

Nordic Prince 1993

Disney Wonder 1999

Celebrity Mercury 10/26/03

Carnival Pride 8/29/04

Celebrity Mercury 10/13/04

• 2 weeks later...

If you want outside and on the beach, I suggest you consider "The Office" a restaurant and bar just past the hotel, right on the sandy beach. Food is very good, and the beer very cold (and 2x1). About a one mile walk from the tender dock or a $10 cab ride.

Gary

Just got back from Cabo on the Legend and played at the Hotel It is not a bad walk at all. I cant imagine taking a cab since the walk to a cab stand is probably as far as a walk directly to the hotel.

You'll see it straight head as you get off the ship or ask any of the "guides". Follow signs toward the lobby (less steep drive to the left) walk into the lobby, turn right then left and out the door toward the pool. Not a problem at all. At first we felt weird, like we were sneaking into the resort, but found that they actually welcome you.

The pools are awesome, three of them, all with vollyball net in them and lots of shallow area to just lounge around in. Swim up bar and restaurant, Huge thatched roof structure over bar, blue glass moasic tiles cover bottom of pools, very tropical. Pools step down to ocean and looks like a nice beach (but didn't go cause pools were too nice)

Our waiter was attentive, happy to run a tab and made the day great.

The other cool thing was that while everyone else was taking the tours and busy with that stuff we had a pool practically to ourselves for a great getaway day.

Have fun

Greg - Can you email me privately at inkflamingos@yahoo.com ? I need to ask you something about a picture that I took of your family on the beach in Mazatlan. Pretty important - so I hope you see this. I will try other threads that you have been on. Tried to email you thru your screen name but you have it blocked.

Thanks!

Tina

Archived