SEASIDE questions

oceantriumph

Hello! I was wondering if you (or anyone else) can comment as to whether teens are allowed in the thermal area (16+)

Can anyone comment as to whether the speciality restaraunts are better than MDR, or worth it for the price? Looks like we'll be seated in the buffet with Bella so we are considering getting a dining package. Is it worth it, and if so, should we get the 3 Roy Yamaguchi Restaraunts or one each in Butcher's Cut, Ocean Cay, and Roy Yamaguchi. We dont eat steak so we would eat salmon at butchers cut (and would like ocean cay) but at the same time want to try tepanyaki. I know tepanyaki is excluded when you get 1 of each restaraunt...are we able to go to tepanyaki on black card dinner? Very overwhelmed and don't know if we should just go to buffet MDR or purchase a dining package. Thank you. QUOTE

Have not been to seaside yet, but generally in all other cruises we have sailed the SR's are better than the MDR. As to is it worth it? Only the individual can answer that question. Personally I do not think most are worth the extra $$$ but I frequent them for other reasons than just cost.

Hello! I was wondering if you (or anyone else) can comment as to whether teens are allowed in the thermal area (16+)

Can anyone comment as to whether the speciality restaraunts are better than MDR, or worth it for the price? Looks like we'll be seated in the buffet with Bella so we are considering getting a dining package. Is it worth it, and if so, should we get the 3 Roy Yamaguchi Restaraunts or one each in Butcher's Cut, Ocean Cay, and Roy Yamaguchi. We dont eat steak so we would eat salmon at butchers cut (and would like ocean cay) but at the same time want to try tepanyaki. I know tepanyaki is excluded when you get 1 of each restaraunt...are we able to go to tepanyaki on black card dinner? Very overwhelmed and don't know if we should just go to buffet MDR or purchase a dining package. Thank you. QUOTE

I ate at all of the specialty eateries and thought they were great. If you go for the dining package, I'd recommend not using them all at the Roy Yamaguchi restaurants. All of the RY spaces are housed in the same area, and there's some crossover between the two non-teppanyaki menus, so you can still try the sushi if you make a reservation for the fusion section. From what I understand, you can use your Black Card meal at any restaurant, so you could try Teppanyaki that way. All of that said, I thoroughly enjoyed the food in the MDR also. It all depends on your personal preferences. Wherever you eat, have a great time on your cruise!

You mention that Teppanyaki is “excluded”. Can you explain? We planned on doing the 3 dinner specialty package at Ocean Cay, Butcher’s Cut, and Teppanyaki. Would that not work?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They should be allowed. When I try to book online for the thermal pass, it allows me to choose my 13 year old, but not my 9 year old child.

You mention that Teppanyaki is “excluded”. Can you explain? We planned on doing the 3 dinner specialty package at Ocean Cay, Butcher’s Cut, and Teppanyaki. Would that not work?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Trio package does not include the Teppanyaki, only the Asian Fusion and Sushi