better weather late november or mid january

zachnyc

comtemplating a mexican riviera cruise in either late november or mid january, to take advantage of either thanksgiving or M L King vacation days. Can anyone advise when the weather should be better?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;7;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

island_pix.gif

Next Up, R Family Cruise Norweigen Dawn 7/11/2004

Dawn Boys - Come Sail Away

Island Princess 11/2003

Coral Princess 3/2003

Grand Princess 9/2002

Celebrity Zenith 6/2001

Carnival Ecstasy 12/2000

The reason I suggested sending me an e-mail and I will send you, a year-round weather chart that for the 7 most popular Mexican cruise ports is that to put the info here, would take way too much space. This monthly chart includes: the highs and lows, humidity and rainfall.

Tom

lpd..Now know someone else on the ship with us.

Sure hoping the weather will be nice for us, know it will be nice in Mexico..just hope not to cool when cruising.

Have gone in December, had good weather then.

• 3 weeks later...

The weather in January in Mexico is usually mild, but you will be leaving So. Cal. in our winter so expect rain (we hope!) the first day out and the last day back, wind, and the need for long pants and a warm jacket outdoors. Late November may be a little warmer. I have been to Cabo in all months except the summer, and it is nearly always dry and warm.

The rainy season on both the tip of Baja and the Mexican mainland is July-September.

Keep in mind that this trip is in the Pacific. The water in the winter may be in the high 60s or low 70s, certainly no higher. I can snorkel in this, but many who are used to Hawaii or the Caribbean may want to bring a wetsuit.

The reason I suggested sending me an e-mail and I will send you, a year-round weather chart that for the 7 most popular Mexican cruise ports is that to put the info here, would take way too much space. This monthly chart includes: the highs and lows, humidity and rainfall.

Tom

You can also find most of this information by going to The Weather Channel's webiste (www.weather.com)>International>and key in the name of each port... it may not pull up Cabo but it will pull up Mazatlan, Acapulco and probably PV....

My son was on the Pride for the end of Jan and had overcast skies or showers for all but one or two days. We went on same cruise two weeks later and had good weather, cool when leaving LB and a very windy day on our way back. Ports were perfect weather.

Archived