Playa Bonita

c-leg5

It has been at least a couple of years since we toured round the island of Cozumel and even longer since we visited Playa Bonita.

I read recently that part of the restaurant at Playa Bonita has been roped off as unsafe due to erosion by the sea. Has anyone been on the beach there recently and is there in fact any beach left? Any loungers/chairs outside of the restaurant?

It has been at least 4+ years since we rented a Jeep & ended up at Playa Bonita for a great lunch. We will be watching for answers to your question about the beach erosion with interest.

We will be in Cozumel on Feb. 8 on the Fantasy, and planned to rent another Jeep to tour on our own. Hope some good replies to you gives us a heads up also on the condition of this gem of a restaurant.

Susie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were there in Sept and there was nothing roped off. Heading back in 2 weeks, so I will try to remember to report back to this thread

Sent from my SM-J700T using Forums mobile app

Thanks, we are there in a couple of weeks too!

I think the review I read was October/November? It said the room away from the bar was roped off.