Playa Mia -- book thru NCL or Direct

dubcnote

Our NCL cruise in March offersan excursion entitled “Playa Mia Day Pass and Transfer”. It is $40/pp forchildren as well as adults. It says “Tour includes round-trip transportation, entrance into the water park,non-motorized water toys and much more”. I will be in a party of2 adults and 2 children.

IfI book through the Playa Mia website directly, I can get a day pass withtransportation for a similar price as the NCL excursion. Or can book a day pass only for alittle less money, and pay for a taxi on my own.

Consideringthe costs are about the same either way, are there any big advantages/disadvantageswith either choice (i.e. safety, time constraints, convenience, etc.)? Whichwould you choose? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Our NCL cruise in March offersan excursion entitled “Playa Mia Day Pass and Transfer”. It is $40/pp forchildren as well as adults. It says “Tour includes round-trip transportation, entrance into the water park,non-motorized water toys and much more”. I will be in a party of2 adults and 2 children.

IfI book through the Playa Mia website directly, I can get a day pass withtransportation for a similar price as the NCL excursion. Or can book a day pass only for alittle less money, and pay for a taxi on my own.

Consideringthe costs are about the same either way, are there any big advantages/disadvantageswith either choice (i.e. safety, time constraints, convenience, etc.)? Whichwould you choose? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

I would book independently.

There is no problem or shortage of taxis on Cozumel. Taxi rates are posted at the piers, and probably at Playa Mia too, but you will know by then what you paid on the way out. Confirm price with driver before you leave. Take small, untorn bills. Going by yourself means you can set your own schedule.