Any Family On A Princess Cruise To Mexico In Early April?

rienreiter

Hi:

I am thinking about taking a Princess cruise to Mexican Riviera in early April. Have not yet decided whether to go with Sapphire Princess out of L.A. or Dawn Princess out of S. F.

If you are booked on any of these cruises in early April, let me know. This will make it easier to decide as knowing that family will be aboard makes a cruise nicer.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Brad and Zell:

Believe it or not, I have not yet made up my mind about what I am going to do in April. I keep looking at Mexican Riviera but also cast an eye on the Diamond Princess doing Auckland (New Zealand) to Sydney (Australia). Probably will end up with Mexico as it is less costly. However, I am leaning towards the Dawn Princess (10 days) out of San Francisco as cost is the same as your cruise out of LA. Only thing is that I am looking toward the beginning of April as I am sailing May 6th out of Miami on a transatlantic.

Have you booked yet?

Regards

Brad and Zell:

Will definitely keep you posted. I just found out today that I will have lots of relatives coming to visit during Easter break so it looks like I will have to delay my cruise until after Easter so that I can spend time with them here. Who knows, I just might end up on your cruise! I'm sure that there would be family on board sailing out of L.A. But then, I am sure that the same thing would apply out of San Francisco.

BDJAM:

Thanks for the info. I had seen your comments on another thread. I sure hope it works out that way. I don't need to have family on a cruise but it does help have a better time; specially when you are cruising alone.

BDJAM:

Thanks for the info. I had seen your comments on another thread. I sure hope it works out that way. I don't need to have family on a cruise but it does help have a better time; specially when you are cruising alone.

Absolutely – I did Dawn Princess alone and it was great to have the FOD gatherings – great way to meet people and make new friends (as well as dish some of the passengers - and it was a hoot to watch the Fruit in the Suit competition with some of my peeps). I know the Cruise Staff on board is very gay-friendly and hosted the FOD gatherings without anyone asking for them. I’m not sure if they’ll all still be on the ship in April, but given that the sailing is from San Francisco, I’m sure there will be family on board.

I don’t know if you’re of the outspoken type, but if you are, you could always ask the Cruise Director for a gathering – and, if the Senior Assistant Cruise Director Jen is on board, she will definitely help you in this area.

Best of luck! Keep us posted!

• 5 weeks later...

Brad and Zell:

Well, you never know. I now know that I will not be able to make it at the beginning of April so my plans now call for cruising at the end of April. So, you never know. I still haven't decided between this sailing or the one out of San Francisco.

You said it was a singles' cruise? How did you find out?

Thanks & Regards,

PS Do you think this will be a problem for us (FOD's)?

We've been posting (and reading replies) on the Roll Call board for the Sapphire Princess on Aprill 22. So far, the replies cover 5 pages and quite a few of the people are travelling in association with a singles (straight) cruise group. They all seem to be very nice and fun people ranging in age from their 30's to 50's. They seem very welcoming. Actually, being around a large group of single people, even straight ones :-), can be a lot of fun. We have posted on that thread and so has another gay couple. They all seem to have the same attitude that we have - to spend a fun week playing in the sun.

OK. Now I know how you found out about the singles. I have not checked out the Roll Call board so I was not aware that there was one for your cruise. Although I am not single, I would be travelling alone as my partner is unable to make it on this one.

I think that I should be able to know which cruise I'll make it on by this time next month. Prices are still quite good for your cruise.

I did see your posting on the other message board.

I also saw that you have been able to convince another friend of yours to come on the cruise with you.

Regards,

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to see if others will be on board! Me and my buddy are schedule for this cruise.

We have not booked yet but that week works the best for us. It looks like a nice ship and the airfare is at a low right now from KC. Let us know what your plans are.

Brad and Zell

Archived