Cozumel and Costa Maya

macgirl

Some posts here are very ridiculous. THE truth is that Conzumel will recuperate and probably for next year (dec 2006-not January) will be ready. Now is clean, and Shops are ready for turists but reality is that is very destroyed. SO, stop it. Is not beautiful as said, theres nothing to sightsee but the stores, its not ready at all. To get to the beach you have to go through whats destroyed so who wants to do that? Not me. But its also true that you still can have fun somehow. I did buy lots of stuff there. BUT I hated that the cruise decided to take us there and I thought it was ridiculous. CONzumel is nothing interesting, NOTHING.

I would go again in a future. I would never go to Costa Maya. Theres nothing there. ITs not mexico at all. Its very primitive, created for the cruises. Mahahual is like going to a flea Market. They are expensive so its more ridiculous. The people that are saying this was beautiful and wonderful must have never been in a real caribbean port, nor a real beautiful beach such as those of southern and eastern caribbean or even florida.:cool: If anyone could tell me how to download images from my camcorder to the web you could see what people are honestly refferring of Conzumel. Its real, real, real.

I guess you were at a different Cozumel than I was at last week. Almost everything was reopened. Almost all shore excursions occured. I did a great one at Playa Mia in fact, called the Mexican Cuisine Workshop. Yes, many of the buildings are damaged and the trees are stripped, but the beach was still soft and beautiful, the water was a gorgeous clear blue, and the people were as friendly as ever. Downtown shopping was open. People still went snorkeling, and 4x4ing, and party boating. Same stuff they always did. Cozumel is a great place to visit.

[quote name=JULIE7 And Funny Is That They Dont Rent Cars Because They Know People Would Head Somewhere Else Such As Maybe Cancun. As You Head To Mahauhal On The Golf Cart You Can See The Signs To Cancun That Said Maybe 60 Miles. I Dont Remember How Much.

[/quote]

Cancun is quite a drive from Costa Maya, something akin to 4 hours per our hosts at the Maya Palms resort there. They don't rent cars because they want you to use the taxi should you wish to visit elsewhere. As we did -$30 round trip. I would not rent a car there and drive as it can be rather dangerous. Also, if you thought Cozumel was bad, what do you think Cancun looks like? It was also devastated by Hurricane Wilma.

BTW -COZumel is worth going to. But that is a personal opinion. I have told my DH that I will never go to Ocho Rios again as I found it dirty, the people extremely aggressive and a little frightening. But I know others on this board love it so to each his own.

Archived