Thank you, TrentS

treesah

Trent, you're a Florida treasure. Thanks for recommending the Holiday Inn Express 17th St Causeway. We stayed there for two nights pre cruise. It was a very good value for us. I might add that contrary to popular belief, we were able to walk from the hotel to the cruise ship (we sailed on the Sun Princess). No need to wait for taxis or vans. This is very doable if you travel light and cruise on Princess (Pier #2). Upon disembarkation we took a taxi to the airport. The driver quoted $14.00, we countered with $10.00 and gave him a $4.00 tip.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.:)

You're welcome, glad you had a good time... I certainly wouldn't want to attempt it with luggage, but Princess Pier 2 is the only pier I would attempt to walk to. If you're at another pier it's at least a 2 mile walk! Port Everglades is a VERY large complex!

As for taxis, apparently a lot of cabbies are quoting flat rates on short trips such as Port Everglades to FLL, but don't go for that! Insist they USE THE METER and pay THAT rate - It's always less expensive than what they come up with, or at least less expensive than the rates I've been hearing they're trying to get lately! :(

Archived