Is Your Sail Status Important To You or is it Just Another Gimmick?

need2cruisesoon

A couple of specific perks we get with Royal and Celebrity are nice, but not enough to determine our bookings. I cannot imagine missing out on a unique itinerary or the chance to experience a different line because I would not get some "perk".

Had to laugh at a couple of those that mentioned "priority boarding". In at least a few cases that turned out to be beyond meaningless. When 80% of the ship has "priority boarding" then it is not much of a priority. Free booze and internet do not interest me at all, special cocktail receptions are boring and I do not need or want some pin that exclaims my loyalty. Free laundry would be nice on a longer cruise but on ones of 12 days or less not necessary.

I cruise for itinerary and price and not for any perk or status. If I happen to reach a higher level it will be because they’ve offered me the the most itinerary and price combinations. I’m not a booster of any line as I believe they are more similar than not. It appears that I’ve had the most days at sea with NCL though.

As a Holland America Line 5 Star Mariner, my Mariner Perk of FREE LAUNDRY is of prime appreciation for me! On my recent Zaandam cruise, I saved just under $200 in laundry charges without this benefit. The discount available for Canaletto, Pinnacle Grill, and purchasing logo gear is also appreciated when I choose to use it.