Alcohol on Alaska Cruises - Good deals?

HeartofTexas

This will be my wife and I first Alaskan cruise on Princess, while cruising the Carribean we often times purchase a bottle of alcohol on ship (or shore) since they are so cheap. Does anyone know if the same good cheap deals are offered on Alaska cruise ships?

• 1 month later...
First night out, you can buy a bottle or two for in room consumption.(Charge $9.50 for this service) However, Canadian customs only allows 1 bottle per adult. Some people get charged coming back thru and some don't when they purchase to carry home. We decided in advance to purchase the gin aboard ship and only had to schlep a couple bottles of tonic. I bought more tonic in Juneau. We did the huge booze purchase in Mexico 2 years ago. (13 bottles). Fortunately we live close to the port in Long Beach and only had to team lift my portable rolling cooler into the back of our limo for the short drive home. I would have NOT wanted to try to fly with that much.The only good thing about having his "poison of choice" in our cabin was our bar tab was very small. We also purchased the wine package for dinner (works out to about $20 a bottle). Considering a glass of wine apiece at dinner runs $6-8, it was a good deal. The 4 of us enjoyed a bottle of wine or champagne each meal. Split the cost of the package $125) between both couples and it was an excellent deal.

Archived