Carnival Conquest 12/11 Review (long)

princessdi01

as for thou princessdi01, there are many of us "southerners" who cruise and if i want to yell getrdone, i will. maybe she should cruise on a surf board or something....by yourself.

don't act like southerners who yell things are trash.....i assure u, we have plenty of stupid "yellers" in washington dc, far from the south. if i am not mistaken, we had a president who once said "getrdone", or was it that he did "getrdone".

i am from the deep south, sw louisiana to be exact. i am married to a coonass....u know....one whose relatives may yell "getrdone" on a cruise....and for once i pray we get to sit by you on a cruise......just maybe sometime will yell "getrdone" and i can stand up and yell "a-m-e-n".

don't pass judgement on people....that is why we live in america.....we all have freedom of speech....i understand that sometimes people say things that should not be said and are very inappropriate, but that is what makes the world go round. some people have no social skills but oh well, live with it or go somewhere else.

For the record, I wasn't bashing your review. I thought it was a decent review until you blasted "rednecks" after you blasted the comedian for doing the EXACT same thing he did. Going back, most others were doing the same as well.

Just because you're from the South and weren't offended doesn't mean others wouldn't be as well. The responses you've received have nothing to do with the fact that you wrote a negative review.

Exactly what constitutes a "blast?" I used the term two times describing a group of people wearing Confederate flag and Git r done T-shirts. I really don't think THEY would be as caught up about this as you people are. 2 words in 8 pages and I am derogatory, a bigot, and am "blasting" people? I did nothing like that man did, I did not make fun of them, I did not parade around and imitate them, I did not insult thier ways of doing things... all I did was refer to them as Rednecks....as they would refer to themselves! Do you people not hear how many times this word is used? This is not an offensive word, or it wasn't before this huge ordeal!!! If you're not FROM THAT DEMOGRAPHIC AREA then it really shouldn't matter!

as for thou princessdi01, there are many of us "southerners" who cruise and if i want to yell getrdone, i will. maybe she should cruise on a surf board or something....by yourself.

don't act like southerners who yell things are trash.....i assure u, we have plenty of stupid "yellers" in washington dc, far from the south. if i am not mistaken, we had a president who once said "getrdone", or was it that he did "getrdone".

i am from the deep south, sw louisiana to be exact. i am married to a coonass....u know....one whose relatives may yell "getrdone" on a cruise....and for once i pray we get to sit by you on a cruise......just maybe sometime will yell "getrdone" and i can stand up and yell "a-m-e-n".

don't pass judgement on people....that is why we live in america.....we all have freedom of speech....i understand that sometimes people say things that should not be said and are very inappropriate, but that is what makes the world go round.

Don't pass judgement? What have you just done????

some people have no social skills but oh well, live with it or go somewhere else.

So you can call him a coonass and that does not offend him? Well I am sure it will offend everyone else on this board. At no point did I PASS JUDGEMENT on these people! Where are you reading this, did you READ MY POST or are you going off all these other remarks. B/C i just read it again and all the term "redneck" was used for was to describe a group of people. And then you talk about people not having social skills??? What have you just done??? YOU classified the people (not me) and then you go on and on about me? You are making very little sense, but I am catching on that this is the theme here.

LIVE WITH IT OR GO SOMEWHERE ELSE? Again you did not read my review...We will return to Celebrity....READ THE POST before you go "PASSING JUDGEMENT."

Wow, I just read through this entire thread and am surprised that it is still here.

To the OP, I think that you could have had a nice review if you had left out some of the remarks like "rednecks". To me that is no different than what you were complaining about with the comedian. Hopefully your next vacation will be better for you.

Apparently some people who read these messages are unable to read all of it? Maybe you can only read the negative parts?

The OP has been whining that many people here just looked at the negative aspects of her review. I really don't have a problem with any of her complaints that are specifically about Carnival and their employees. I did think it was kind of silly to expect Carnival to have someone hold her luggage while her picture was being made, but some people just aren't bright enough to figure out how to do things for themselves. She also said none of the Carnival employees were pleasant to her as she left the boat. Gee! They probably had a hard time resisting kicking her in the butt on the way out!

With remarks about "rednecks" and things like

My husband tried twice to have a glass of wine with dinner and both times he got chilled red wine. Now most of the people on this cruise were not the kind to notice, but it really ruined it for him...
you really wonder why your fellow cruisers are offended?

Looks like a judgement to me. Again you just don't have the guts to admit it.

PrincessDi01

I don't understand why you thought this would be a fun site to be on if you never want to cruise Carnival again. This is a Carnival cruise page, so you should expect people to be defensive of Carnival. If you want a fun site to discuss cruising, you should go to the pages for cruise lines you liked. I have no problem with the negatives against Carnival on your review. I really do appreciate the good and the bad as it helps everyone know what to avoid. But that said, I hate it when people linger on the Carnival boards and continue to say they will never cruise Carnival again. You have said your negative(and positive) piece, and saying you will never cruise carnival again should be the end of your discussion on the Carnival boards IMHO. I'm sorry for the bad parts of your trip, and I hope you find your place on another line because cruising is fun and I'd hate to see you miss out. As you said at least you'll always remember your wedding, good and bad.:)

Princess....I would like to read reviews from other cruises you have taken in the past. Appears to me you are a very negative person!!

Actually, replies like yours are much more negative and of much less value the the OPs review. Why do you feel the compulsion to attack?

sorry you didnt like the conquest. we loved it!!!

i just wanted to say that a lot of the things you were disappointed about are things that happen on a cruise...

like large crowds... there is like 2500 passengers and crew

drunk people, yes this is a vacation, its not suppose to be oh lets sit here and not do anything ,,, we want no noise, yeah right,

and for the entertainment,, the adult comedy was terrific its one reason why i would go on carnival again, and for their comment ,, if this offends you find a buffet,,,, it was a JOKE it was a comedy show,,

maybe you prefer celebrity more than carnival,,,

it seems the crowd on celebrity is more for you...

im not saying any of this in a mean way at all,, im just saying...

have you read your 1st post more than once, the way youre saying everything makes it sound like a snobby review of someone who doesnt like to have fun,,or wants to much catering ,

again im not trying to sound rude.... so if this reply offends you im sorry

theres a lot of people who dont like particular cruiselines for their own reasons, im sorry your experience was a bad one.. but i would definetley try carnival again .. and as for the spa,, i agree its a rip.... and they are not experienced

melissa

as for the comments in the comedy show about different races..

most people take those comments as jokes... they dont take it seriously...

and why did you go to the shows in the 1st place,, i remember while on conquest in the paper it said late night ADULT comedy show,,,,,

and as far as the kids running around taking pictures at all the stations ,, what do you expect on a cruise!!!!!????? me and my husband take pictures at each station, they all have a different background, different pose. etc, which age range do you call children..... my age probably mid 20's ....

at theres always people waiting OH WELL<<< thats what a cruise is all about, everyone onboard... a lot of people HAVING FUN,, in which you didnt seem to be,,,,maybe you should try windjammer, where theres only like 200 people on board.... you might enjoy that better ....

To the OP, Princessdio1...

I would offer to you a suggestion that you go to...

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

That is the Celebrity Forum, and I am sure it will more to your liking.

To everyone else...

Please...PLEASE...

How about you all (or y'all) let this thread die.

As for me..I am headed to Jacksonville!!!

Ok, apparently someone here who is trying to put words into my mouth.

I thought the consumption of alcohol was below what I had seen on 2 other Carnival cruises.

Yes, below other CARNIVAL CRUISES. Like I said, I was not comparing it to other Carnival Cruises.

As far as the Point, if you did not want a fancy meal you should not have gone.

We did want a fancy meal, that is why we went to this restaurant. We eat at these types of restaurants regurlarly at home, so maybe we know more what to expect. My main complaint here was that the food was the same in the other restaurants and therefore did not warrant the additional expense. We did have a baked potato thank you for your concern and direction on how to read the menu. I was saying that the "grilled veggies" were of a very interesting combination/selection.

I think that Coz. is in great shape considering their misfortunes. We went to Paradise Beach and had a great time considering the weather. We ordered 15 beers, 1 yard mixed drink and 2 orders of Nachos for $56. The cab was $13 each way.

So you went to a completely different beach. Glad you had better luck. I don't see how you couldn't have a good time with that much alcohol and we would have likely been passed out somewhere at that rate. So the beer has no correlation, the beach either...you were in a compleltely different beach. Thanks for the comments.

The OP talks about other passengers as being rednecks, needed finishing school, etc. How is this Carnivals fault as they could have been on any cruise line also.

This is my favorite and apparently my comments hit close to home? I NEVER suggested that this was Carnival's fault and in fact was suggesting that some of our not so fun time WAS NOT Carnival's fault but instead due to the roulette you play when you are getting on a ship this size. You never know who you are going to be getting on the ship with. We were hoping to leave them behind for a week, instead we got stuck on a ship with them. Fortunately the last part is incorrect, there are cruise lines that will not attract this crowd.

about the people on board,,

look at where the ship sails from... the south, so thats a majority of where the people on this cruise are going to be from....

duh

To the OP, Princessdio1...

I would offer to you a suggestion that you go to...

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

That is the Celebrity Forum, and I am sure it will more to your liking.

To everyone else...

Please...PLEASE...

How about you all (or y'all) let this thread die.

As for me..I am headed to Jacksonville!!!

yes celebrity is where they belong for sure.....

happy new year

I just wanted to say that I fly from Phoenix to cruise out of Texas or vacation in the south because the people are GREAT!!!! Sure sometimes their colorful, loud, boisterious and saucy!!! But that is what makes them Southerners. I love them. They are friendly, giving, and know how to throw a good party. Most of them won't judge you on your table manners or your dress......they will judge you on the amount of fun you have, the size of your heart and the spirit of your soul. They are all about family and friends. If they see someone alone they will include you in any activity and give the shirt off their back to someone that needs it. So to wrap it up......I wish the world had more of a redneck attitude and less of the "it wasn't good enough for me" attitude.

Just my to cents.

Wow what a difference a couple of weeks make! We were on the 11/27 sailing and even though it was our first cruise we thought Todd was so funny and enthusiastic. I thought I read from another poster that he was ill that week, is that true? And, Todd may be *single* but I saw him liplocked with another staff member in the disco on our cruise more than once!

As for the comedian, we didn't see that guy so I can't comment. We had phat kat on our sailing and he was hilarious!

I feel bad that you felt that you had a less than great vacation. Hopefully your next cruise will fit your needs/wants a little better.

Princess - Thank you for the review. I thought it was balanced and fair and I know it represents your own personal experiences. We are going on this ship later this year, so I appreciate it.

I hope you don't give up on Carnival just because of this one. I had great cruises on Carnival before and am going back to it, partially because of some similar bad experiences with RCCL.

I just hope you understand that some of the things you experienced are becoming more and more typical of most cruises/lines. For example, I was really disappointed to hear your comments about the food. My memories of the Carnival food are ones of taste, preparation, and presentation, which are sending me back to Carnival from the bland tasting RCCL food. Alas, it may no longer be as tasty as I remember it.:(

I have come to realize many sometimes, the desk staff will not resolve your problems. I had to write out my issues in detail and get it around the desk staff to the hotel manager via the RCCL Loyalty Ambassador before I could get some things resolved on my last cruise. It's not Carnival, just the sad state of a lot of customer service in this country as I can atest toby many non-cruise related experiences as well. I keep telling myself I am going to write a book....

From my experiences and discussion with many others, Entertainment on cruise ships is simply going down hill with some notable exceptions of certain main shows. The non-main shows aboard RCCL seem to consist only of numerous forms of Kereokee or guest provided entertainment. On my last cruise, the CD staff was also very lame, though energetic. They other activities are there, you just need to really look at the daily and plan ahead as they are not the ones they are announcing all the time and not the ones they thouw in front of you (and usually not in the evenings either)

Some ships are not always designed in what I would call a logical fashion as I found out on my very first cruise aboard Carnival's Jubilee (built around 1986) in which the dining room was in the way and you had to keep going up and down just to get across the ship. I now look forward to the challenges of finding my way around a ship!:D

I went to Playa Mia earlier this year ( oops - 2005) between hurricanes. I think maybe the big tent you are referring to is the big white tarp covering the eating area that used to be covered by the "Grand Pulpa" (blown away in first hurricane). I ordered a coke and nachos there. The service stunk really bad as I waited 20 minutes just to get the coke (dying of thirst). When the nachos came though, it evened things out as they were some of the best nachos I have ever eaten. Price was good too. You may want to recheck all the excursions on this and make sure you paid for the right one. On RCCL, they offered several for this place. One was for the Fiesta Party Boat and Playa Mia which got you there and included use of the beach. They also had one that was just the transportation and admission. They had another that included a cooking demonstration, and yet another that included a meal. Could be that maybe yours included the meal and you didn't know it/they didn't make that clear?

Never enjoyed Grand Caymen much myself. I am not a shopper and I dislike ports where we have to tender.

People on board can be rude and obnoxious no matter where the ship leaves from or where the people are from. It just depends on how they were brought up. "Yes Mam, No Mam"!

Chuck

• 3 weeks later...

We (21 of us family/friends) were on the Conquest 12/11/05 on the same sailing as princessdi01. As you can see from my signature we mostly cruise on Carnival or Princess although we have also cruised on other cruiselines. I have been patiently waiting for my review of this cruise to be posted on the Cruise Critic Home page review section. I submitted my review one week after the cruise. I noticed that princessdi01's review was just published there. I hope that others will also read my review which tells mostly about the excellent wonderful cruise we experienced. Hopefully, they will print it soon. Overall, the cruise was wonderful. We enjoyed meeting the cruise critic members of our roll call and all the friendly passengers we encountered not only on the ship but those fellow passengers who we met on tenders and on land such as at Paradise Beach. The few problems we had were mostly due to the sudden change of weather the Friday and Saturday before the end of the cruise. The other few problems you can read in my review.

Archived