NCL Dawn: OV with 4 people (pics)

TruRed76

I thought I would share a few pics of our stateroom on the Dawn. We had a 4-person ocean view on deck 5. As you can see from the pics, it is quite cozy! But it worked well for us. The room steward would put up the bed on the wall every day but the “cot” stayed out. The window ledge was quite large and my kids enjoyed sitting there to watch the water.

c977fd6e636ccbd5b5f7c13f978c1916.jpg

884d231703fc73b24763e84ff3a7f77c.jpg

42163875f8838201ae93718bb4820fb9.jpg

Hope this helps some families! I had a tough time finding pics before our cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very good job posting those pictures - much obliged. It's perfectly livable for many for the week onboard.

There is also the inverted "U" bed configuration with the cot/trundle bed turned 90 degree & against the window, places for all to sit around ... without the wall to wall arrangement & the upper bunk over one of them.

Another possibility to consider - ask & see (next time, if you select this category of stateroom again) if RS can setup the Queen beds under the bunk/upper pullman, and slide/put away the cot/trundle bed during the day ... so there's some room to sit around the lower beds; and, to get to the giant picture window w/o jumping & walking on top of the mattresses/foam beds. The window ledge is good enough for some to sit on.

Good "job" in making that for your family - on the Jewel/Dawn/Gem class, mid-sized ships, the arrangement is really workable. For the newer mega-ships and mega-plus, it's typically double bunking, pullman on both sides - the overall room size is reduced ... but, those staterooms still sellout during peak seasons with families going places. I called it "smart" use of one's money. :cool:

We missed the Dawn, sailed her twice long ago - she's coming home to NY soon, DW already said - let's book & sail her again, 2 of us had an Inside back in (O.M.G.) 2003. How was the ship ?

We did ask about the “u” shaped configuration but were told no.

We loved the Dawn! We thought the layout was very intuitive and the ship felt like home to us after a day or so. The only time we really felt crowded occurred when we were trying to get off the ship at port right when they announced we were all clear.

We truly are never in our room so the arrangement works fine for us. If we need alone time, we go find a quiet spot to sit elsewhere on the ship - usually by the food ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums