Beach with clean restrooms (flush toilets)

sml3

Are there any currently open?

Bar service also please.

I see your a few days away. I've been following several local groups on Facebook and the situation seems to change every day. I know know Sunset Bar is open at Maho. I'm watching several on Orient.

Thanks for the response. Over 100 views and you are the only one who knows anything about the current beach situation. We've been to Orient Beach every single time we've been to the island (about 6 times) so are really lost as to what to do this trip. Thinking maybe just walk around the port and then get back on the ship (we have the drink package). I know people say that I should spend money on the island but I can't find a single thing that interests me.

Thanks for the response. Over 100 views and you are the only one who knows anything about the current beach situation. We've been to Orient Beach every single time we've been to the island (about 6 times) so are really lost as to what to do this trip. Thinking maybe just walk around the port and then get back on the ship (we have the drink package). I know people say that I should spend money on the island but I can't find a single thing that interests me.

They have many bars with flush toilets on the boardwalk in town if you are determined to spend money on the island and can’t find anything else to do that interests you.

You could call it your own pub crawl excursion.

Are there any currently open?

Bar service also please.

Is your ship offering any excursions ? Maybe that would give you some ideas on the beach situations. Royal is offering a excursion to Kim Sha beach. I would imagine (hope) that it would have bathrooms - drinks etc. I am curious about this too - please post back here when you return. :)

Is your ship offering any excursions ? Maybe that would give you some ideas on the beach situations. Royal is offering a excursion to Kim Sha beach. I would imagine (hope) that it would have bathrooms - drinks etc. I am curious about this too - please post back here when you return. :)

I have read that Kim Sha is not that great. I was thinking of going to Great Bay Beach on the boardwalk in town until I read about the sewage in the water issue. :o. Just going to the bar and not a beach doesn't really interest me since we have the drink package on the ship. We may do that for an hour or so just for a change of scenery. Kim Sha and Great Bay are the only two beach options offered by Celebrity right now.

We are going back to Orient, in about 88 days, but we are going to get there via a different method. I'd been following SXMSPYDERRENTALS on Facebook (Their website just came back online this week) We are going to rent a Cam AM Spyder and drive ourselves to Orient for a few hours and then drive back to town.

I have read that Kim Sha is not that great. I was thinking of going to Great Bay Beach on the boardwalk in town until I read about the sewage in the water issue. :o. Just going to the bar and not a beach doesn't really interest me since we have the drink package on the ship. We may do that for an hour or so just for a change of scenery. Kim Sha and Great Bay are the only two beach options offered by Celebrity right now.

If nothing else, if you get off the ship and head to the taxi area, talk to the taxi drivers, they seem to be the ones that know what is really going on.

If nothing else, if you get off the ship and head to the taxi area, talk to the taxi drivers, they seem to be the ones that know what is really going on.

I have read reports of taxi drivers telling people that some place is fully open just to get their business. When people get there it is not as they were led to believe. For example there is one beach where all there is for facilities is a single porta-potty that has never been cleaned out. No thank you! You can't always believe taxi drivers unfortunately.

I have read reports of taxi drivers telling people that some place is fully open just to get their business. When people get there it is not as they were led to believe. For example there is one beach where all there is for facilities is a single porta-potty that has never been cleaned out. No thank you! You can't always believe taxi drivers unfortunately.

I agree. Do your homework and have a plan B to get back from where you go. Not just in St. Maarten, everywhere!

Karakter on Simpson Bay is open and has a great beach bar and restaurant with washrooms. If you are buying drinks or food loungers on the Beach are free. I would take a taxi and arrange for a pick up with the driver at a pre arranged time. Great beach! We'll be back in early march and will be staying just down the beach from Karakters.