First time on independence

court1

I have only done all inclusive on the Discovery so me and my party are new to this drinks package business. We are booked on the independence but are really confused about the drink package situation. It seems massively inflated price wise

I have only done all inclusive on the Discovery so me and my party are new to this drinks package business. We are booked on the independence but are really confused about the drink package situation. It seems massively inflated price wise

Packages are not required, you can always pay by the drink.

Not everyone in the "party", and certainly not under-aged folks. Only those within a cabin, so if you have 2 people who want a package, and the rest don't, book them in a cabin together....then switch cabins when you board. This is perfectly ok to do, and it's done all the time.

I wanted clarification on how they work. I’m reading that everyone in the party has to pay even if they are non drinkers

The package includes soda, beer, wine and cocktails (up to the package limit, usually $12 or $13), still and sparking bottled water, specialty coffees, and fresh squeezed OJ. If you order a glass of wine or a cocktail over the package limit, you pay the difference plus 18%. You can only get one drink at a time.

Not everyone in the "party", and certainly not under-aged folks. Only those within a cabin, so if you have 2 people who want a package, and the rest don't, book them in a cabin together....then switch cabins when you board. This is perfectly ok to do, and it's done all the time.
so if we have 3 adults in a cabin we have to pay 3 times

Does anyone have a price list for pay as you go

Soda is around $4 per can. Beer is around $6.50 to $8.50. Basic well cocktails around $9. Upper shelf and fancy (frozen/blender) cocktails around $12 to $13.